Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hello everyone I'm looking..
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kody_katelyn2012
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

Hello readers I want to talk about my self for a min, my name is kody and I am 24 years old. I love in pomeroy ohio and Hartford wv 10 min from each! My life has always revolved around herbie and I will tell you why.....I lost my grandmother when I was 5, she had bone cancer. I will never forget her, me step grandfather passed about 2 month after her in his sleep. our favorite thing to do which I am sure you can guess is watch herbie. I will always have them memories, always and forever. I have been wanting to find a bug around same year so I can replicate and have the real thing with the memories, it would be a long project cause I have not much money to do it all at once. I'm hoping my readers who have a heart can really help me, I know it sounds stupid to ask for help but there is people still in this world today that have such kind caring compassion. My biggest thing is I would like to do with the bug is use it to raise donations for cancer and donations to help children in need and for secret Santa, etc. I want to share my memories with everyone! If anyone can help I'd do anything. Mainly I just need the shell, I have a friend that does work on cars for a ride job. I want to thank you for reading my story! Pm or comments are very appreciative. God bless everyone!
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

Sorry about your grandparents. If you want Herbie, you'll need a '63 ragtop beetle or a '62 but that has the wrong sunroof handle. They can get a bit pricey though. Just keep an eye here in the classifieds and on Craigslist. Good luck, what you said you want to do sounds great!
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

A ragtop early Beetle is a very desirable car & don’t usually come cheap. Save up what you can, do any & all odd jobs that you can & save up to buy the best one that you can. Be forever on the lookout for that familiar outline poking out from behind houses & barns. Good luck. And quit expecting people to give you stuff just because you have a sad story & top it off with a “God bless”, we all experience the death of loved ones.

If you find that forlorn VW in someone’s yard, and they’re willing to sell it but it’s for more than you have, offer to do work for them in return.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

kody_katelyn2012 wrote:
Hello readers I want to talk about my self for a min, my name is kody and I am 24 years old. I love in pomeroy ohio and Hartford wv 10 min from each! My life has always revolved around herbie and I will tell you why.....I lost my grandmother when I was 5, she had bone cancer. I will never forget her, me step grandfather passed about 2 month after her in his sleep. our favorite thing to do which I am sure you can guess is watch herbie. I will always have them memories, always and forever. I have been wanting to find a bug around same year so I can replicate and have the real thing with the memories, it would be a long project cause I have not much money to do it all at once. I'm hoping my readers who have a heart can really help me, I know it sounds stupid to ask for help but there is people still in this world today that have such kind caring compassion. My biggest thing is I would like to do with the bug is use it to raise donations for cancer and donations to help children in need and for secret Santa, etc. I want to share my memories with everyone! If anyone can help I'd do anything. Mainly I just need the shell, I have a friend that does work on cars for a ride job. I want to thank you for reading my story! Pm or comments are very appreciative. God bless everyone!

Starting with a bare shell and then obtaining parts to build a car would be the most expensive way to realize your dream. Save your money buy a complete car needing engine or transmission work, also do not buy anything with rust. Source your car from desert Southwest they are still there, I’d look on Craigslist. Summer is just around the corner get a job and start saving the money instead of asking for some nice person to give. Here’s an idea, get a job at a salvage yard. You’ll get an education in what it takes to put cars back together and maybe get leads on VWs going to scrap heap. When I was young we would cruise the working class neighborhoods looking for disabled VWs and bought many a car needing a clutch or fixing a loose head. You’d be surprised what people have sitting around.
Joe 20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

God Bless you too Kody... Very Happy
kody_katelyn2012
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

Thank you! Hope you are having a good day!
lovethatconvertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

Here ya go
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2156257
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
A ragtop early Beetle is a very desirable car & don’t usually come cheap. Save up what you can, do any & all odd jobs that you can & save up to buy the best one that you can. Be forever on the lookout for that familiar outline poking out from behind houses & barns. Good luck. And quit expecting people to give you stuff just because you have a sad story & top it off with a “God bless”, we all experience the death of loved ones.

If you find that forlorn VW in someone’s yard, and they’re willing to sell it but it’s for more than you have, offer to do work for them in return.
Amen. I almost expected to see a"Go fund me" following this opening.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

kody_katelyn2012 wrote:

Ok you come here and bring a trailer I’ll give you a mid 60s type 1 shell with a pan no title, very rough and major rust but hey it’s free to you. You’ll need a truck with a winch to get it out. When can we expect you? Very Happy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

Still waiting to hear from “Kody”. Very Happy
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Still waiting to hear from “Kody”. Very Happy

Gasp! You mean he didn't jump at the offer? Rolling Eyes
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

Seems as though you call their bluff and they disappear like a fart in the wind. Very Happy
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

Even 2 to choose from!
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Seems as though you call their bluff and they disappear like a fart in the wind. Very Happy

That front bumper is too much work.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

Is that remnants of a gas heater exhaust under the front right fender?
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Because it’s a scam. I’ll bet if you offered to send them some cash, they would be PMing or emailing you their Western Union account in a heart beat.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

Those two cars are nicer than mine...
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

That's because they're not ragtops & it needs to be a complete, running/driving, rustfree, low mileage, one owner, original paint... Rolling Eyes

Oh, and God Bless. Twisted Evil

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone I'm looking.. Reply with quote

sorry if some one already said this but you can get a 63 and make your own rag top/sunroof. however if you want pure originality than this isn't for u . also i feel your pain. i lost my mother 4 years ago when SHE HAS lymphoma i was 10. AND YES a 63 rag top is very desirable. also from what you wrote it seems like you are new. is that true.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: