Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Plug and play LED modules on my 914
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
malcolm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Plug and play LED modules on my 914 Reply with quote

I just installed some modules, I guess you call them that. www.spokeworksled.com Makes them. This time I bought the WART side markers and the Reverse lights. Pretty sure everything but the headlights are available. He has some for a few other cars.... 911, Triumph, etc...

Each module has a std bulb base on it and you just install it like a bulb. They look great. Can't wait to see them in the dark.

These are the side markers.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And these photos are the reverse.... before then during and after.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Plug and play LED modules on my 914 Reply with quote

Nice!

Can you post a picture of the tail and brake lights in the dark please?

Thank you! Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
malcolm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Plug and play LED modules on my 914 Reply with quote

raygreenwood wrote:
Nice!

Can you post a picture of the tail and brake lights in the dark please?

Thank you! Ray

Currently the only LED is the white reverse light. I will take a photo tonight tho.
malcolm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Plug and play LED modules on my 914 Reply with quote

These are the only lights on in the garage......

Very bright.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Plug and play LED modules on my 914 Reply with quote

Damn!...very nice!
Thank you!
Ray
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Plug and play LED modules on my 914 Reply with quote

would be nice if someone took it upon themselves to remake the tail light housings
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Plug and play LED modules on my 914 Reply with quote

Just Google your standard bulb number i.e. 1032, 1164, etc. cross to led and you will get a led bulb that fits the stock bulb socket. Most auto parts stores and Wal-mart have them for brake and turn lights.
malcolm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Plug and play LED modules on my 914 Reply with quote

Starbucket wrote:
Just Google your standard bulb number i.e. 1032, 1164, etc. cross to led and you will get a led bulb that fits the stock bulb socket. Most auto parts stores and Wal-mart have them for brake and turn lights.

The maker of these modules wanted BRIGHT. Plus LED bulbs need special attention dealing with the ground. I believe it has something to do with not working or not as well if they share a negative connection.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: