Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Possible baja project
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigw125
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Possible baja project Reply with quote

I am kinda new to vw was looking into a beetle for a baja build and came across this roller shell for $300. Has rust on rear passenger floor but the rest of the body looks good and it has all the interior parts. I was just wondering if it was worth 300 or if I should run away from it. Also alot of the others Ive seen are way more and are in worse condition.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

-Thanks,
Craig
Bock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible baja project Reply with quote

300.00 is a steal for any car that is not wrecked and able to get a title.

The question is more of what is your budget and Baja bug expectations. 9 out of 10 times you will be further ahead buying a car with work already done to it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanillagurilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible baja project Reply with quote

For $300 I'd buy it, transfer the title, clean it up and sell it lol
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible baja project Reply with quote

By roller I'm reading as no motor or trans. It's a good bet that you'll be able to unload it for your 300 if you want to. It's also a good bet that you'll have a bunch of money to put into it if you are buying parts for it one piece at a time. You might look for a rusted out wreck of a donor vehicle with a running drivetrain to strip for the things you'll need for this one.

Make sure it has a title that matches the numbers on the body and the pan. Title work can be an expensive and a nightmarish way to appreciate the unfairness and ineptitude of bureaucracy. Not always successful either. It usually involves inspections.

If it had a clean title, I would not be able to resist the temptation and would drag it home on a lark.

However, if you have a couple grand put together and are set on a baja, a work in progress or abandoned project often has a bigger bang for the buck.

Either way, for 300 bucks it would be giving my neighbors another reason to call city hall. Speaking of cities... where did you say this bug was? Lmao, jk. Good luck!!!

Edit: from your other threads I see you have a pinto engine from your uncle's sandrail or whatever so a roller is what you are looking for. If it is as you describe, and has a title, you won't beat this one for 300. Start a build thread so we can follow along.
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: