Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

L211 Bluish Green & L277 Silver Beige(L412 Diamond Green
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cj1971
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: L211 Bluish Green & L277 Silver Beige(L412 Diamond Green Reply with quote

Does anyone have paint sticks (lackstift) or colour chips for these colours please!!!!!!!!!?????????or ven able to match to modern paint codes???? many thanks
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tobiasax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to lift this question! I am also in need for L277 silber beige.
JeeWee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same question here, anyone who has a mix recipe to get the L211? I heard lately at the SCC that someone used a colour from an old dailmer, but sadly I didn't get the specs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OLDveedubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No joy on the L211 on Glasurit's website.

But here are the other two. Any Glasurit shop should be able to mix them.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"Perfection through inspection."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JeeWee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha thanks! I already checked with the Glasurit paint shop which is just a few miles from here, it was no issue to get those 2, but the question is still where can i find something matching for the L211

Or if someone has an example which can be scanned, then you have a very close match as well. If you have then a recipe, you can mix it anywhere in the world.

Kind regards,

Jan Willem
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rdwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience from getting paint mixed from VW codes using Glasurit and BASF paints is that the modern paint formulas don't give exactly the same paint color as the original. I had Horizon Blue mixed using Glasurit formula and the color was way off. In the end it had to be blended by eye to get the color right.
Same thing for a '70's color called Tropical Green. BASF had the mixture for the code but it looked too green and we had to blend in more blue to get the color right.

If you have the color mixed by formula, get the smallest amount you can at first to do a test spray. You don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a gallon of Glasurit only to find your color is off too much to use.
JeeWee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: L211 Bluish Green & L277 Silver Beige(L412 Diamond Green Reply with quote

it has been a while ago... but still looking for Bluish Green L211
anyone a sample?
JeeWee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: L211 Bluish Green & L277 Silver Beige(L412 Diamond Green Reply with quote

for those who are interested in the RGB colour:

R:79
G:81
B:56

#4f5138 is the HEX-notatie
JeeWee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: L211 Bluish Green & L277 Silver Beige(L412 Diamond Green Reply with quote

I finally found out the jaguar / Daimler colour, it is sherwood green
(246) 27262 which is used from 1958 to 1968
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdwood wrote:
My experience from getting paint mixed from VW codes using Glasurit and BASF paints is that the modern paint formulas don't give exactly the same paint color as the original. I had Horizon Blue mixed using Glasurit formula and the color was way off. In the end it had to be blended by eye to get the color right.
Same thing for a '70's color called Tropical Green. BASF had the mixture for the code but it looked too green and we had to blend in more blue to get the color right.

If you have the color mixed by formula, get the smallest amount you can at first to do a test spray. You don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a gallon of Glasurit only to find your color is off too much to use.

I had the same problem with a Mango green... had to mix by eye to get it closer to right... they called it a "reformulated" Mango.
11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
Raisedup58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: L211 Bluish Green & L277 Silver Beige(L412 Diamond Green Reply with quote

I have a original paint L211 blue green/ L277 silver beige wheel in my collection.
Depending on how busy work is this week I may be able to go get a color match during lunch.

Instagram: Raisedup58
VW's At The Springs
facebook.com/vwsatthesprings
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LittleMicroCars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: L211 Bluish Green & L277 Silver Beige(L412 Diamond Green Reply with quote

You can go to TRI City Paint.. San Diego Co or tcp global.. THey have a classic car paint chip division. and I guarantee can match any vw you can think of...Leo
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: