Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

While I appreciate wanting to keep a VW a VW...... my brothers Eurovan seats are horrible!
Why would anyone want them? Yeah..... maybe better than Vanagon seats but a long way from great!

IMHO

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
While I appreciate wanting to keep a VW a VW...... my brothers Eurovan seats are horrible!
Why would anyone want them? Yeah..... maybe better than Vanagon seats but a long way from great!

IMHO

Dave

I finished grinding down the rails and I test fitted them. I sat in it and the back rest portion has this weird hollow give to it. Like when you lean back the lumbar and back portion has a negative space that just sinks in. I kept switching from my driver vanagon seat to the passenger EV seat and honestly my seats are in excellent condition and the cushion felt better.

I am already committed though. Im 800 in to the seats and sew fine covers. Still 1200 cheaper than recaro seats. I will have to ask the upholsterer to see what he can do with the backrest portion. Other than that the full recline was the big reason I got these seats.
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

Have you tried dialing up the lumbar support knob? Mine is fully dialed and there's a solid hump in that area that doesn't give much at all.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:

IMHO

Dave

Hi Dave,
What model of Eurovan does your brother have?

All of my Eurovan seats are incredibly comfortable.
-fully adjustable backrest with micro adjustment to full recline
-adjustable padded headrests
-adjustable fabric and padded armrests

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

You can keep the Chrysler k Kar seats (jk) Laughing

Last edited by Gruppe B on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

Having just driven a 2017 Grand Caravan rental for two weeks I can state that neither the front nor rear stow n' go seats are even remotely as comfortable as my Vanagon seats, and most definitely not the seats in my EV.

y u rune klassik?
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

Double post?
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

Lumbar support knob? Maybe I should actually look at the seats tomorrow.

Used a cutting wheel and took off the lips on the rails. Left a bunch of thin shards of metal and a pretty sharp edge.

So I hit it with this sanding wheel and it cleaned it up perfectly and dulled down the edges.

I cleaned up the rails with some simple green and sprayed it with some spray paint.

Now it is time to shop around upholsterers to get the sewfine covers on. I went with vanagon grey inserts with vinyl bolsters. Added a map pocket to the passenger seat... but in retrospect I probably could have done without it and gone with a seatback organizer

I will update when I get them covered and put in.[/img]
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

I scrolled through this thread and saw everyone's install. I noticed everyone still had the stock seat belt receiver. With the added height of the eurovan seats, I imagine clicking in would be more annoying than it already is. When I got my seats they came with the base as well and the seat belt receiver attached. I think I will be replacing the vanagon receiver with the eurovan receiver.

campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

elizer wrote:
I scrolled through this thread and saw everyone's install. I noticed everyone still had the stock seat belt receiver. With the added height of the eurovan seats, I imagine clicking in would be more annoying than it already is. When I got my seats they came with the base as well and the seat belt receiver attached. I think I will be replacing the vanagon receiver with the eurovan receiver.

If you have seat swivels that EV belt receiver will limit rotation. If you never spin the seats, no problem.
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

Even when tightened down wont I still be able to rotate it downwards? I will give it a test fit when I get the seats in. I wonder if I could enlarge the eyelet on the receiver so it's just a hair larger than the bolt so it has a little more play.
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

Got the seats recovered at Seatco in Springfield, VA. The sewfine seat covers look great. Not sure how I feel about the smaller armrests but it should give a tiny bit more room down between the seats. The covers should tighten up they just had them steamed to put on.

If I were to do it all over again I would not have gotten the vinyl bolsters. Thinking about it going in and out they will probably get wrinkled and worn pretty quickly. I also would not have gotten the map pocket behind the passenger seat.

It is still a lot cheaper than the recaros that the guy from Germany and Poland make. https://goo.gl/zCR7ft It would have been a lot cheaper if I installed it myself but my frustration level with upholstery would have caused some torn seams. I primarily got these seats for the full recline capabilities that gruppe b displayed. If I get over them or want to move on after the first long road trip with them I will probably sell them and shell out the big bucks for those recaros.

[/url]
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

Those look really sharp! If you don't mind, how much did that upholstery combo cost from Sewfine*? We actually use those seatback pockets quite a bit, so I highly recommend them.

*I'm asking because I find their catalog to be difficult to navigate when trying to tease out actual costs of various combos.

y u rune klassik?
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

They up charge the vinyl combo.
I paid 630 including the shipping cost.

The base price for seats alone were 375... headrest 60 and armrest 80. Shipping was 45. So it should have been 560 base price without map pocket.

Last edited by elizer on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation. The fit looks really amazing.

y u rune klassik?
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

No prob. There were some production issues with the sewfine covers that the upholstery shop notified me of. They work in classics and show cars so they wanted to make sure I knew. The vans going to get used so it was not a problem and honestly not noticeable. I'm happy with them but I really hope every thing tightens up because there are some saggy parts. I'll post pictures of the production errors. I probably never would have noticed if they didn't tell me.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

This is nice to see-that they make covers for the Eurovan seats. I bet that means I could get some Westy-plaid covers for my Bay.

I still need to see about bottom seat foam. That part I'm not real happy with (but it's my fault for trying to cut it shorter).

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

The holes are noticeable even if you don't pull back the material. And there is a little cut near the seam as well. Overall satisfied it's on the passenger side so I won't see it as much and get annoyed by it.

rmcd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

I’d like to mount Vanagon armrests (or even eurovan armrests) on my eurovan seats.

Searched and read half a dozen eurovan seat swap threads here but apparently I’m the only person to own eurovan seats that didn’t have armrests as a standard option from the junk yard.

I have felt up my eurovan seats and can’t readily feel where the Vanagon armrests might mount. Anyone successful do this? Is there a mount under there I cannot feel? Thanks
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

I believe the mounts are welded on to the seat backs, so you'll probably need to dismantle the seats and get to work.

y u rune klassik?
rmcd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Do Eurovan seats fit in Vanagons Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
I believe the mounts are welded on to the seat backs, so you'll probably need to dismantle the seats and get to work.

Auuuuugh. I was hoping I’d missed something. Certainly doable but I don’t want to pull the covers yet. Thanks for confirming.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: