Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Too many dual carb choices help me out please
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
newt374
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Too many dual carb choices help me out please Reply with quote

Hi I have a 68 bay I rebuilt the engine with W-110 cam, mofoco 040 dual port heads, 1641 cylinder kit, and an empi 4 tip gt exhaust that I had to cut and creatively fab my heat exchanges in to but there is no mount for the heat riser tube on the left side so choke wants to stay on and the intake starts to ice up on me. I need / want to put dual carb on it because that and the performance upgrade. But there are so many options if anyone could shed some light on this for me it would be very much appreciated.
Thank you
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Too many dual carb choices help me out please Reply with quote

Weber IDF40s with the CB linkage. They will work well with your 110 cam, they’ll produce good power and good millage. You might want to look into changing that exhaust to a merged header and a quite pack, that will also produce more power for you and keep the exhaust fumes out of the inside of the bus. Good luck.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Too many dual carb choices help me out please Reply with quote

I was thinking the same as Rich. Matter of fact I was thinking of Riche’s Bus when you asked the question. Email John at aircooled.net
Really good guy. After speaking to him about my 1641 bug build I bought my cam from him. He had the cam at more doorstep in 3 days. His customer service is tip top.

http://www.aircooled.net/vw-carburetor-options-selection-101/

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Hikelite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Too many dual carb choices help me out please Reply with quote

x3

Weber 40IDFs

fyi, aircooled.net has them back ordered right now. I have a set coming on Monday directly from CB performance.

They are also going into a '68, but my motor is 1915cc w/hydraulic lifters.

My 1968 Campmobile
sethpat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Too many dual carb choices help me out please Reply with quote

I'm running some baby Weber's and definitely think I could bump it up to the 40's. Go with the 40's

Frankenbus (sold)

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=674133&highlight=

1975 Westfalia
914 IV 1.7
93mm pistons
Weber 34 ICT's
Cam 264* .402 lift
vwdave33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Too many dual carb choices help me out please Reply with quote

Rebuilt dellorto drla 36 mms would work awesome!

They have 5 progression ports instead of 4 like the webers.

Also you can change out idle and main jets from the top which makes jetting easier.

Last edited by vwdave33 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Too many dual carb choices help me out please Reply with quote

X2 for the dells....

more money but man, are they nice. either weber or dells....REAL DEAL no china junk....

your combo with 40's will be like flushing a toilet. you have a warmed over 1600, lets be real. bigger isn't always better here

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Too many dual carb choices help me out please Reply with quote

newt374 wrote:
Hi I have a 68 bay I rebuilt the engine with W-110 cam, mofoco 040 dual port heads, 1641 cylinder kit, and an empi 4 tip gt exhaust that I had to cut and creatively fab my heat exchanges in to but there is no mount for the heat riser tube on the left side so choke wants to stay on and the intake starts to ice up on me. I need / want to put dual carb on it because that and the performance upgrade. But there are so many options if anyone could shed some light on this for me it would be very much appreciated.
Thank you

Dual 40 IDF's. I order directly from Weber and install their steel cross bar linkage on every motor I build, works perfect.

I can get a set shipped out by tomorrow for you.

https://www.facebook.com/mofoco?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.mofoco.com

Cylinder Head Reference Sheet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: