Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seat Belt Stiff Arm Location
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
2067Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Seat Belt Stiff Arm Location Reply with quote

If a hole is drilled into the tunnel of a 57 bug the same size and location as the later bug (67) stiff arm factory mount, would it hit any of the tubes, spot welds, or anything else vital?

Thanks - Mike
Snort
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Belt Stiff Arm Location Reply with quote

Recently discussed. Not completely answered but some good information here:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695081
2067Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Belt Stiff Arm Location Reply with quote

Snort,

That was me with the previous post. We are considering all options for installing the three point retractable seat belts. The body experts are going into B pillar to install anchor point just like the 67 bug. Today we were discussing drilling a hole in the tunnel and welding a plate with a nut.

Thanks - Mike
Snort
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Belt Stiff Arm Location Reply with quote

The anchor point isn't too far back from the e-brake opening. I would think you could see it after taking out the e-brake handle by eye or at least a bore scope from the e-brake opening.
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Belt Stiff Arm Location Reply with quote

Check out page 10 The Restoration Pages and see how John Henry put seat belts in his 1957.
http://www.thebugshop.org/goresto.htm

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2067Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Belt Stiff Arm Location Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. Yes, I have read John Henry's post and many others. However, I would really like to find the answer to my original question about the location. It seems reasonable that some else putting seatbelts in a bug without factory holes, would ask the same question. I'll keep searching - thanks.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: