Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bay Window Camping Comfort! Front Window Screen Inserts
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
backyard_cnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Window Camping Comfort! Front Window Screen Inserts Reply with quote

Yes I wouldn't sew actually thru the magnet strip and the adhesive even though the machine would do it without major issue except for the need to keep the needle clean, the adhesive would actually hold the magnet strip in place inside a sleeve of nylon material while it is sewn to enclose the magnet strip.

Check out my Classified Ads for neat stuff:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2364358
mr matt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Window Camping Comfort! Front Window Screen Inserts Reply with quote

Hi I just came across this great topic, little depressing as I find I did not get the window screen for my westy in time... is anything being made, or has Mr. CNC started creating his window screens again?

If not, I have to come up with something clever...

Thanks
Matt
backyard_cnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Window Camping Comfort! Front Window Screen Inserts Reply with quote

I still make front screens to fit you bay westy.

Gerald

samwise
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Window Camping Comfort! Front Window Screen Inserts Reply with quote

Ever looked into making screens for the factory sliding windows?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

airkooledchris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Window Camping Comfort! Front Window Screen Inserts Reply with quote

samwise wrote:
Ever looked into making screens for the factory sliding windows?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

You need to update your signature, that doesn't look like your old 79 anymore!

the sliders are probably from the 79, but that's an early. looks pretty nice.

to stay on topic, I love these screens! Great idea! I sometimes have to bring my dogs to work with me and in the summer when they sit in the bus for a few hours it would be nice to increase the airflow even more.
backyard_cnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Window Camping Comfort! Front Window Screen Inserts Reply with quote

Never seen a bay bus with sliders in person but they look a lot like standard vanagon tintop sliders. You would have to measure and compare them to be sure.

airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Window Camping Comfort! Front Window Screen Inserts Reply with quote

backyard_cnc wrote:
Never seen a bay bus with sliders in person but they look a lot like standard vanagon tintop sliders. You would have to measure and compare them to be sure.

The bay and vanagon windows are different enough in height that a separate frame would have to be made:

Karl wrote:

Measuring top to bottom [height]:
Vanagon = 16"
Bay = 14 1/2"
Vanagon is 1 1/2" taller.

I just finished making some redneck screens for my sliders (shown above!) tonight at ACE hardware, and I'm not impressed with their looks, but it has revolutionized my bus game! By making my screens on the inside, I can leave a window cracked in the locked position on a hot day while parked, and then open it more for driving, and open it more for camping, all without moving the screen.

Yes it's an early. Yes those are late sliders. No you can't have them; I love them even more with screens now.
Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: