Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Mexico VW Fiesta - June 1st-3rd 2018
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamtonio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: New Mexico VW Fiesta - June 1st-3rd 2018 Reply with quote

June, 2018
June 01, 2018 - June 03, 2018 - New Mexico VW Fiesta
Madrid, New Mexico

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/252023491494748

http://aaavwclub.com/forums/topic/new-mexico-bw-fiesta-madrid-n-m-2018/#post-290

Route 66 Aircooled Alliance VW Club Presents:

New Mexico VW Fiesta
MADRID N.M.
June 1-3 2018

Where
Madrid, New Mexico
New Mexico State Road 14
On the Turquoise Trail at:
The Oscar Huber Memorial Ball Park
2895a NM-14 Madrid, New Mexico 87010

Please come and join The Route 66 Aircooled Vw Club for the first of hopefully many Spring time Vintage Volkswagen gatherings here in New Mexico.

We will be gathering In Madrid, New Mexico on the scenic Turquoise Trail. The village of Madrid is nestled in a narrow canyon in the Ortiz Mountains. Once a historic coal mining town and ghost town, Madrid is now a creative community with over 40 shops and galleries, several restaurants, a spa and museum. A couple miles north is the quaint village Cerrillos that includes a state park with hiking paths and horseback riding. A little further north about 30 minutes is historic Santa Fe New Mexico.

http://www.visitmadridnm.com

This event will take place from June 1-3 2018 in the historic Oscar Huber Miners Ball Field.
The Miners were started by the Madrid Employees Club and won many pennants. The Oscar Huber Ballpark was the first lighted ballpark west of the Mississippi in the 1920s.
Camping will be available in this historic old ball park

DETAILS:
Camping is $30 for the full weekend starting Friday June 1 thru Sunday June 3.
If you wish to Camp Saturday June 2nd only Camping fee is $25.
The event officially ends Sunday June 3rd at 4pm
Participation fee for the Car Show only on Sunday June 3rd is 10.00 or free with a Camping Admission.
General Admission (walk-in's ) to the Car Show is $2 a person.
Swap space is free with camping and can be done from you campsite.
If you chose to participate as a vendor or in the swap only, you can do so Sunday June 3 starting at 9 am in a designated space, for $10.00

Please remember, This show is all about having fun, hanging out with friends, and raising money for good causes. There are, however, a few rules....

June in New Mexico can be interesting weather wise. Hot days and cool nights are not uncommon. Be prepared for weather changes. Bring sunscreen but don’t forget your jacket. Days can get to the upper 80's and the nights can dip into the low 60's

If campfires are your thing, the town is only allowing us to use propane fire pits. No OPEN FIRES!! If you are caught with a campfire, you will be asked to leave with no refund.

Due to the limited space at the ball park as well as in town, we will not be able to have RV's or trailers at this event. Our camping will be on the outfield of the town baseball field. if you have to trailer your bus or vintage vw, be prepared to find your own drop off location. Albuquerque or Santa Fe are both about 30 minutes from the camping location.

Quiet time from 10pm – 6am.

No glass containers.

No animals off leash. If you bring animals, please control them, and clean up after them.

Please be mindful of other people, and don’t impede their good time.

Although everyone is welcome to attend, we reserve the right to remove anyone from the campout at any time (with good cause) without a refund. Please understand this is to help keep the event fun and keep it going for next year.

For more Info you can always email or message any of the hosts of the event

Hope to see you all there! DRIVE SAFE!!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1389887537789689/?ti=icl

"The more walking-around money I have, the less I walk around."
-Iggy Pop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: New Mexico VW Fiesta Reply with quote

Dang it. I would go to that but will be out of town on another road trip.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
big bus mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: New Mexico VW Fiesta - June 1st-3rd 2018 Reply with quote

We're going to try to make it. Maybe bring some other AZ VW people with us.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jamtonio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: New Mexico VW Fiesta - June 1st-3rd 2018 Reply with quote

-Iggy Pop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tustin wyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: New Mexico VW Fiesta - June 1st-3rd 2018 Reply with quote

See you there
jamtonio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: New Mexico VW Fiesta - June 1st-3rd 2018 Reply with quote

-Iggy Pop
jamtonio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: New Mexico VW Fiesta - June 1st-3rd 2018 Reply with quote

We have a place where you can pre-registrater and save yourself a space. There is limited space on the main ball field. Please do so if you plan on coming or are thinking about it as it gives us a good idea of how many people will be joining in on the fun.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/new-mexico-vw-fiesta-camping-pre-registration-tickets-44310360481

-Iggy Pop
vwtrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: New Mexico VW Fiesta - June 1st-3rd 2018 Reply with quote

If anyone plans on bringing a 1600 to sell, let me know. I'll bring cash.
jamtonio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: New Mexico VW Fiesta - June 1st-3rd 2018 Reply with quote

-Iggy Pop
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: