Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

WW/CSP Sebring Style Exhaust
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gimmesomeshelter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: WW/CSP Sebring Style Exhaust Reply with quote

I see that WW/CSP are marketing a sebring style exhaust for our 36hp engines.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111251055P

Other than the cost, my biggest concern is that the back pressure would be so low that it would kill my low end torque. Comments anyone?

Cheers,

Paul

Richard Feynman
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: WW/CSP Sebring Style Exhaust Reply with quote

A1 Muffler (Santa Aa, Ca) also offers similar exhaust.

I believe CSP originally built this ‘Sebring style’ system for Lloyd Jackson’s ‘50 Beetle. It sits well below the rear apron
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: WW/CSP Sebring Style Exhaust Reply with quote

Looks beautiful, but too rich for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tisius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: WW/CSP Sebring Style Exhaust Reply with quote

Awesome exhaust, but what about the sound level?
I like how it's stainless steel, and well engineered.
Price wise....well, reality is that good quality stainless exhaust systems just don't come cheap, forget about that. On the other hand, with stainless steel you don't need to renew it every year or so any more.

But my main concern is, as I live in a densely populated city, I can't have neighbors calling the cops about my noise level pestering all the time....
So is it at least a little bit quiet?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nize
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: WW/CSP Sebring Style Exhaust Reply with quote

Do they plan to do this for 1600cc engines as well?
I would like a Seebring style exhaust on my ghia build.
--------------------------
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RichardinNZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: WW/CSP Sebring Style Exhaust Reply with quote

Vintage Speed TW manufactures a complete range:

http://shop.vintagespeed.com.tw/s.nl?sc=12&category=&search=sebring

I have the 36hp version and it is quite loud, although sets off less car alarms than my unbaffled 'Cartune' style tailpipes did on a stock muffler.

My Car https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=1750253
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: WW/CSP Sebring Style Exhaust Reply with quote

That's a fantastic photo!
RichardinNZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: WW/CSP Sebring Style Exhaust Reply with quote

Thanks for the photo comment; one of my favourite roads...too narrow to go anything but slow but worth it for the views.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: WW/CSP Sebring Style Exhaust Reply with quote

RichardinNZ wrote:
Vintage Speed TW manufactures a complete range:

http://shop.vintagespeed.com.tw/s.nl?sc=12&category=&search=sebring

I have the 36hp version and it is quite loud, although sets off less car alarms than my unbaffled 'Cartune' style tailpipes did on a stock muffler.

Yassss!
Definitely want this for my big bore build
Mr.Ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: WW/CSP Sebring Style Exhaust Reply with quote

I’d rather get the one from A1. Perfect tone and it doesn’t stick out like a stinger to rack your shins on. It looks correct because it was modeled after a true “Sebring” Porsche 4 cam exhaust.
RichardinNZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: WW/CSP Sebring Style Exhaust Reply with quote

Mr Ragtop

If mine stuck out like a stinger I wouldn't run it....it stands out no further than the bumper and projects a similar distance to the stock tailpipes.

Have you heard all three versions to compare the note?
Mr.Ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: WW/CSP Sebring Style Exhaust Reply with quote

RichardinNZ wrote:
Mr Ragtop

If mine stuck out like a stinger I wouldn't run it....it stands out no further than the bumper and projects a similar distance to the stock tailpipes.

Have you heard all three versions to compare the note?

I have not. I do know just from other cars I’ve built, that stainless also tends to have more of a “pingy” tone. It’s a personal preference deal. I just like the one from A1 because it looks exactly like a 4 cam would. It’s tucked up super nice and clean. Again, personal preference.
RichardinNZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: WW/CSP Sebring Style Exhaust Reply with quote

Good point regarding the 'note' of stainless, although the longevity of stainless was important for me in making my choice. Plus not being in the US, Vintage Speed TW provide an easy to use online ordering and international shipping.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: