Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Colorado Bay Owners?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Put a couple things in the classifieds if anyone is in need of a BN4 heater or front drums for a 67 & older Bug.

I also have some heater boxes and just general crap thet shouldn't be tossed if someone can use it. I'll post pictures later of the "crap".
1967 Freedom Camper (SOLD)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Ok Lets start talkin' about a summer Bus gathering. I'm up and running ( although I think I'll sleep in a tent/ air mattress ) > Rich,Bubba..anyone made plans that I'm not aware of?
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

I spoke with a Chris last week. We will be getting together soon pick a route and iron out the details. At this point we are planning it on the last weekend of July. More will follow once we have a sit down.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Thanks for the update..I'll have the local troops keep on eye on the various threads. Thanks for continuing the tradition!
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

You know, I’m dating a girl in Westcliffe ...which means I’ll be out that way now and again. Anyone need something moved from or two Seattle/Portland markets?

Soon as I get my new Vanagon engine installed I’ll have a better idea if I can do trips or not...

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:
You know, I’m dating a girl in Westcliffe ...which means I’ll be out that way now and again. Anyone need something moved from or two Seattle/Portland markets?

Soon as I get my new Vanagon engine installed I’ll have a better idea if I can do trips or not...

Dang, I didn't know she lived in Colorado!

Some time while visiting, go over to Silver Cliff and check out the ghost lights in the cemetery. Some of the old tombstones glow in the dark on overcast evenings and nobody is quite sure why. I saw them years ago.

https://www.legendsofamerica.com/co-ghostlights/

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Thinking I want to pick up a completely rebuilt front end and just swap it out but saw this "kit" in the classifieds and was curious if anyone would go this route?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2142512
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Hey guys. Chris and I spoke yesterday about planning the trip. We are gonna try to get together this weekend and line it all out. But...Saturday is St Patty’s day and Sunday Miles, my son has Ski school. Chris and I live an hour apart so it’s not the easiest to hook up. I know we usually have this set up after the first of the year and this year we are off the ball a little. So, I want to thank everyone for being so patient with us.

What we settled on so far:
The trip will be the last weekend in July

We are shooting for the Creede area or southern Colorado into NM near Toas. Our plan is to set up a route then drive it when the forest opens to make sure it’s suitable for our buses and make any changes if necessary.

Once we get everything lined out we will post in the events forum and we’ll post a link here. Happy Tuesday!
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Thanks for the scouting and update. marked on calendar.
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Sweet! Thanks for running with this.

We will be on the "unsure" list as of right now since we will be spending the first 2 weeks of July in Barcelona for our 10 year anni and not sure I'll have the days to take off for both.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Ahhh, great wine and tapas. Hope you make it to tell stories while we gnaw on our beans , hardtack, and cheap beer ( Colorado micro-brew...maybe ) .
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Oooo - if you come down to Taos, let me know and I'll do the "scouting run" with you. It could involve any number of forest service roads, maybe up and over towards Las Vegas, or to the west on the "high road to Taos" to Española.

And this time I have the 1972 Sportsmobile ready to run, unlike last year. Woo hoo!
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Tres Piedras area has some good stuff as well, great valleys to explore. If we go the NM route, don't forget to leave your dank nugs at the border. NM Staties will have a field day with a line of Colorado plated Bus's . Easy money for some very poor counties. just sayin...
roadron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

I live in taos. What are you looking for? I know some great spots for group camping
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

2018 SW Colorado Off Road Adventure

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8722686#8722686

Big thanks to Chris and Laura for planning this years route. Who’s in???
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Ja mon!!!
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Buses at the Brewery is scheduled for the 18th of August. Hopefully I'll get my new Van up and running for Summer fun.
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Bought this a few months ago and finally got it installed. A fantastic upgrade!

Buttys Bits Throttle Linkage -
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

VWSunny72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Sunny, me, and the family are moving back to Denver this summer after 3 years of being tortured in the Bay Area. I only had her for about 18 months while we were there last, so never really became involved in the community. I’m looking forward to connecting with the clan. Oh, and I installed Butty Bits linkage last year and like it...has better lateral stiffness if that makes sense.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

"Lateral stiffness" ( insert Beavis and Butthead cackling ). Welcome back, at least you can drive around wonderful Colorado on your days off rather than stepping over the homeless every 10 feet trying to walk anywhere in San Fran.

I'm intrigued by the BB upgrade, thanks for sharing.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 19 of 31

Jump to: