Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

My 54 oval I use to race track only had a Folts Spool and My wife didnt like that when spool cars hit oil or something slick they liked to hit the wall. This car should be safer, no spool and everything is brand new. the oval was thrown together with old parts.

Once I get her on board with racing at the track we will make a trip to Sacramento or Phoenix.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Almost ready to be a roller, waiting for a 5 inch narrowed beam from kustom 1, 2 inch beam didn’t work out with the Chevy wheels only having 1.5” of backspacing. Thanks Stewart for swapping it out.
Hustlers67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Shocked

This is going to be awesome! Great build
HotStreetVw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

What wheels are you going with?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

15 x 4 up front 15 x 7 weldstar 1.5 backspacing up front 3.5 on rear chevy bolt pattern

madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Cool I'd do,, it in a Heartbeat Cool Cool Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HotStreetVw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Purdy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HotStreetVw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Let me know how the 5" narrowed beam works. That's getting to be a short drivers side tie rod.

I'm in the process of building a race notchback. 6" narrowed beam. I wasn't comfortable with the very short tie rod so I ended up with a cross steer setup. There's pro/cons so do your research.

However, I have the tie rods/ends from my 6" narrowed setup I need to sell if your interested. They are new, been on the car sitting in my shop. Removed a few weeks ago to switch to the cross steer.
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

I bought it from kustom 1, wasn’t sure with the 1.5 wheel backspacing but Stewart told me I could return the 2” for another, the 5 is as small as a can go and keep the shock towers. Getting it today (I hope). Comes with tie rod ends. If it is too short I will look into the cross bar set-up. Thanks for the info. I knew the wheels would be An issue but I always wanted them so gonna make them work.
HotStreetVw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

They are badass. I've got a set of Weld Magnum 2.0s on the front of my notch race project. I need to buy the rears but struggling to separate with the cash. haha

King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Nice!!! Those wouldn't last with the pot holes around here. Headed to pick-up front end, Will be a roller by the end of the day. Pictures to come!!
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

1/2 done with front
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

JayCee front brakes installed. One wheel was 5 on 4.5 boxed and labeled wrong. Lucky me.

richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Respect to you sir for undertaking this project. Some fantastic work and it looks awesome. On an interesting note, a friend of mine is currently building a 56 Oval street car here in the UK with the same displacement, heads etc as yours.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Plumbing for brakes and fuel is done. Thanks to Zack, Cliff and George at G&J in Ontario,CA used Teflon on all lines but the -8 going into the tunnel. The Teflon can’t bend that tight.

Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

You might have said already and I apologize. But did Dave build your trans? I have a core 091 that I want to send over but I haven't called for a quote yet.
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Not yet, we’re waiting for the Dyno results so we know how tall we can Gear it.
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Got the replacement wheel today, now waiting on the body from the guy whose doing the metal work. He said I could pick it up next Tuesday or Wednesday, we’ll see !!!

veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Are you going to be running the bus or 930 CV's?
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

930 cv’s from Kartek. Lightened with good cages etc.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Jump to:
Page 4 of 84

Jump to: