Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'73 FI green Fastback
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
type3ro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: '73 FI green Fastback Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I am happy to join you. I own a 73 Fastback fuel injected, 146000 km, Sumatra green, all history from new. I bought the car from Germany (never registered there), but it was delivered originally to Sweden. I recently sorted the brakes, oil change and adjust the valves. The car drives fantastic, I love it. The interior is original,has some small repairable damages. Yet,there are some issues to be corrected like paint, chrome...

Greetings from Romania Very Happy
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stonecoldcars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: '73 FI green Fastback Reply with quote

Very nice...
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: '73 FI green Fastback Reply with quote

Nice late Fastback. It could almost be a twin of Greg Sanchez's car. Cool
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Typ3nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: '73 FI green Fastback Reply with quote

Nice "Sumatra Green" 1973 VW Type 3 Fastback.
There's only 2 Sumatra Green Fastbacks in the Type 3 registry, it's quite a rarity to find this color.
The interior is intriguing, as I have never seen the Check material, but may be a regional item. Is it cloth or vinyl inserts?
Hope to see more photos!
"Bobnotch", It's not a twin but definitely a distant cousin of my Fastback ...
JBlom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: '73 FI green Fastback Reply with quote

Typ3nut wrote:

The interior is intriguing, as I have never seen the Check material, but may be a regional item. Is it cloth or vinyl inserts?

I have the same in my Square -73, or used to.
Vinyl on the side and the checkered material is cloth.
Maybe itīs an european spec?
type3ro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: '73 FI green Fastback Reply with quote

Yes, I agree with JBlom about the interior, could be a market feature. It is vinyl on the sides and cloth on the checkered side. Maybe the self-adjusting rear brakes are in the same category.
Greg, your Fasty is stunning....I like the original look.
I found an odd thing, the front wings are fiber glass. I haven't found any info about it. Does anyone knows something about it? Anyway I try to source a pair of original ones.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
type3ro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: '73 FI green Fastback Reply with quote

Ready for the road...

JBlom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: '73 FI green Fastback Reply with quote

I found this;
86 Drum brakes, self adjusting 311-318, 361-368 Sweden

I have self-adjusting rear brakes on my -73 Square.
But if that was a thing for Sweden and you have it on yours?

Fiberglass wings was pretty common here in Sweden but hard to find now. Itīs an aftermarket thing what i know.

Like your Fasty, it looks like i is in a veary good condition.
Pelle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: '73 FI green Fastback Reply with quote

I guess this must be the same car.

At the used car dealer in Malmö:

It was already sold to a German guy when I saw it.
type3ro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: '73 FI green Fastback Reply with quote

JBlom, yes mine has self-adjusting rear brakes, it seems to be an optional for Swedish market. The same thing could be for the Eberspacher heater...

What a nice find Pelle, thanks for sharing. Although the similarity is evident, I don't think it is the same car. The number plate is different and if I am not wrong, the rims are a little wider, it has an antena.
JBlom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: '73 FI green Fastback Reply with quote

type3ro wrote:
JBlom, yes mine has self-adjusting rear brakes, it seems to be an optional for Swedish market. The same thing could be for the Eberspacher heater...

Then it makes clear why you have it. Smile

If you have problem with the self-adjusting you can rebuilt it. I have been tould that the difference is harder to brake. But i dont now if thats a problem beacuse av have changed to type 1 brakes at the back and those are not self-adjusting.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: