Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My new baby! Auction of fake 23-Window Bus
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

When Johnny is done with this one, he'll be going to Jackson to get a Bus named Sue....
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:
Seems like they will be at it again shortly

https://www.mecum.com/lots/LN1117-320410/1959-volkswagen-deluxe-23-window-bus/

https://www.mecum.com/lots/LN1117-320184/1958-volkswagen-11-window-bus/

Looking at those aren't they both already sold? Looks like the auction date was nov. of last year.
I heard that the pg/sg was reserve not met at the auction. I looked at the bus at OCTO a couple years ago, and it was generally nicely done. There were a couple incorrect things that I tried to politely tell the owner about. He refused to believe me because Octavio did the interior so it must right, and I must be wrong. Never mind that I know exactly what I was talking about, and I could easily prove it, as I had an original unrestored example in my shop that I was working on at that time.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KWZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Headliner in the pg/sg is wrong color. Should be gray. Looks like same color as the material for a swr/cb deluxe. Wtf? That ain’t a cheap fix.
Here’s the original color for a pg/sg headliner:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Nalu33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

oakman wrote:
Nalu33 wrote:

The engine tag goes there under gas tank, not the vin stamp. The vin stamp is not factory correct gorvthst soot, wrong

Early buses had the vin stamped beneath the tag that is missing on this bus.

Here's some info on vin tag locations:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/id.php

Thanks Oakman!
Yes you’re correct and I checked One of my earlier busses 🤙🏽
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Just a quick update on the latest...

The case is progressing, everyone has been served as far as i know, and one of the parties is continually changing his phone number in a futile attempt to hide from questioning and potential consequences.

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Desperation is a stinky cologne!
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
Just a quick update on the latest...

The case is progressing, everyone has been served as far as i know, and one of the parties is continually changing his phone number in a futile attempt to hide from questioning and potential consequences.

976-DONG!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Quote:
and one of the parties is continually changing his phone number in a futile attempt to hide from questioning and potential consequences.

Keep track of those, as avoidance is poorly received by Judges in civil cases.
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

ryans65 wrote:

It's not the behavior of people with a clear conscience.

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Nope! It happens all too often. I just got done reading about a guy that was using the same Porsche mechanic in CA for over 20 years then the guy just up and left for a new shop in the PNW somewhere and took some of the guys engine parts as well as a $4000 deposit on the work. Unreal.

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
ryans65 wrote:

romegadave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

just too nice......congrats
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Read a little further than the first page

romegadave wrote:
swharris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

ryans65 wrote:
Read a little further than the first page

romegadave wrote:

LOL Laughing
EeVeeWee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Any news about this issue?
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Folks get caught up in the moment at those venues all the time, they buy cars that their FPers say are great investments...They serve free whiskey to the right buyers, up in the loge..
It's to bad it happened, I'm guilty of spending a li to much on items, but I blame me, and live with it but 135 grand....I'd have to think rethink long and hard before Spending it,no matter how good looking my wife was..a lot of that shit looks pretty obvious..but good luck.
Cheers Thomad

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

ryans65 wrote:
Nope! It happens all too often. I just got done reading about a guy that was using the same Porsche mechanic in CA for over 20 years then the guy just up and left for a new shop in the PNW somewhere and took some of the guys engine parts as well as a $4000 deposit on the work. Unreal.

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
ryans65 wrote:

Yeah but Porsche ownership is a sign saying ‘screw me please,
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

I own a Porshce and dont have that sign.... then again I do my research when I let anyone besides me work on my stuff. Its getting harder to find people that take pride in their work these days though.

Abscate wrote:
ryans65 wrote:

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
ryans65 wrote:

Yeah but Porsche ownership is a sign saying ‘screw me please,
thomasb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Any updates on this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
nestbedding
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

In the hands of the attorneys
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Quote:
they buy cars that their FPers say are great investments

FPs are the biggest joke industry in the world for 95% of the public. Why people pay people to underperform the SP500 totally escapes me
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Jump to:
Page 27 of 34

Jump to: