Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Swap meet in Columbiana Ohio?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irish911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Swap meet in Columbiana Ohio? Reply with quote

I see there is a spring VW swap meet and spring sale at Jim's Custom VW's in Columbiana Ohio (April 21) and was wondering if anyone has ever attended this meet and if its worth going to?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Swap meet in Columbiana Ohio? Reply with quote

Yes, there is an event at Jim's April 21st., and imo it is definitely worth going to. The Summer/Fall events have access to the field behind the shop. Due to the Winter thaw, swap space is limited to only the parking lot behind, and to the side of Jim's shop for the Spring event. Considering he usually gets 55-70 swap vendors in the Summer, he may only get 20-30 vendors with the limited space of the Spring event. The bigger reason for the Spring event is the 10% off of just about everything in the shop. The swap portion just kind of grew as a side note, and Jim has moved the event farther into April to help with the weather for the swap. If you're going for both the sale/swap, I've known many to find excellent deals in the swap, and save a ton buying everything at once for their 2332. I'm definitely going!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Irish911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Swap meet in Columbiana Ohio? Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing. Good to know.
rustic vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Swap meet in Columbiana Ohio? Reply with quote

My friends and I have done pretty well selling and buying at this swap meet in the past .... if your at all close check it out....Jim is a good guy and is a big supporter of the hobby...his showroom is big and he stocks a lot of parts ....
m2008s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Swap meet in Columbiana Ohio? Reply with quote

Worth it. Can camp sat into Sunday. Swap and show hundred plus cars sometimes

Check out my Myspace (click WWW) and add me, send me a msg though or ill decline Wink.

FOR SALE 71 SQUARE http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=690111
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Swap meet in Columbiana Ohio? Reply with quote

m2008s wrote:
Worth it. Can camp sat into Sunday. Swap and show hundred plus cars sometimes

I think you're thinking of the July event. The Spring event is mainly a sale of new parts in the shop from about 9:00-3:00 on Saturday only. Jim try's to keep as many people as possible OUT of the field behind the shop, so it doesn't get muddy/torn up from the Spring thaw. There maybe a small overflow of parking in the back field, but there isn't any camping. Some drive their Aircooled's to the sale if the weather is nice, but there isn't really a show due to the limited space.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Swap meet in Columbiana Ohio? Reply with quote

Just a reminder, this event is this Saturday. Looks like it will be cloudy, but dry, in the low 50's. See you there!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: