Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ghia convertible rear seat bottom
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hsosa1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Ghia convertible rear seat bottom Reply with quote

65 ghia convertible rear seat bottom is the rear bottom the same as ghia sedans?
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Ghia convertible rear seat bottom Reply with quote

No it is not the same. The convertible rear seat is narrower due to the hinges for the top.

1970 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1973 Karmann Ghia Coupe - Project car for sale
1970 Karmann Ghia Convertible (Body off restoration)

Timing is everything
hsosa1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Ghia convertible rear seat bottom Reply with quote

Thank you
KGCoupe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Ghia convertible rear seat bottom Reply with quote

Using the keywords "rear seat dimensions" in the "Search" function box (located just above the list of thread titles) returns a list of something like 23 different threads.

After quickly scanning through the list and identifying those thread titles which seemed would most likely have the answer, I found this Rear Seat Wood Pattern thread and the following post by former Karmann Ghia Dismantler Extroidinaire, Gary/Icy ...

Gary wrote:
72Ghia wrote:
Those pics are a area great resource ..nice job !
Is there a difference between verts and hardtops when it comes to the seat backs. Mine were were like wet sawdust wrapped in vinyl when I got the car.

Seatbacks
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Seat Bottoms
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

There are more in my gallery that show the dimensions.

tstracy39 wrote:
Yeah, the coupe rear seat is about a foot wider and the plywood bottom has wdges cut out of the corners. My ghia is a vert. I'm sure someone with a coupe probably has some pics too.
Rolling Eyes As usual, you're way off.

Some of those other threads in the Search results list seem to detail all of the other differences which make the Cabriolet rear seat slightly different from the Coupe rear seat.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: