Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Small electric motor brushes
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
professor229
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Small electric motor brushes Reply with quote

This is really a shot in the dark but I have found the members of this forum to have some pretty good ideas and alternatives.... Here is my problem... I use linear actuators in my car and installed them about 20 years ago... I bought them from SPAL in Iowa but they no longer sell them. They recommended a company in Des Moines, Iowa, but they do not stock parts and get their actuators from China, as I suspect they all do..... I am old school... I would like to fix it myself and all that is required is a simple set of brushes... I have searched the Internet and have come up empty... so I ordered two new ones, but, I want to fix this one as well.... Is there an online company that might be able to supply brushes for a small linear actuator motor? Any help or ideas would be appreciated...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
risk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Small electric motor brushes Reply with quote

There are tons of generic brushes on ebay.. mostly Chinese.

Try searching for motor brushes there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
professor229
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Small electric motor brushes Reply with quote

Thanks..... I did look on ebay but got too specific when I searched for "linear actuator motor brushes" and it gave me nothing.... but now I just typed in motor brushes and see what you mean.... So my next step is to remove the bad brushes to measure or at least get a good idea of what the size is to narrow the search on Ebay, find some that will work, and then order them and wait..... My new actuators are coming in the mail today.... so these old ones will sit on the shelf.... Thanks for your help....
risk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Small electric motor brushes Reply with quote

No problem! If you can't find the exact size, you can always sand them down to whatever size you need fairly easily.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: