Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

I wasn't being nasty regarding the Star Wars release date, just factual.
I even said it was easy to get the dates wrong because we were so blown away.

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Slave,

It would've definitely been in 1977 because I was 20 years old and working in Montreal assembling pulp testers for one week a month, painting in Vermont the other weeks.

What was amazing about the movie was that the characters were standard archetypes, with Ford playing the same exact person as the hotrod hero in American Graffiti, but the special effects on the HUGE screen they had then, was mind-bending. Those fighter jets entering the massive spaceship so cool.

I painted this in 1976, the year before. The idea was to place the viewer in the driver's seat to experience the moment. The movie did the same thing a year later, but I think it was kind of novel at the time.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by Eric Marshall Green on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

A last note on the registry. A number of people insisted 356 11560 was purchased by a Robert in Toronto Canada. This is simply wrong. The correct FAKED name was Rudolf NOT Robert. Rudolf Hutter who NEVER existed in Canada at all. So that supposed document is a forgery. The question is why. I believe I know and time will tell. It it is bound to send quite some ripples through the 356 world. Might even be large waves!

I drew this with a ballpoint pen freehand in 1976 for my father Marshall Green. Marshall Green placed a Nurburg-Ring badge on his 356 two years before James Dean!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
356pre-a
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

You know what year James Dean put a badge on his 356? Can you send me the contact info to your car detective?
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

On his 550, 1955.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: