Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

17X7 Rader style wheels.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Max Boost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tom, I heard they come from Argentina but so far no luck with a email reply back
PASHN8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bjoy wrote:
these are obviously not raders, but i run 195/40's up front and 205/50's out back... 4 inch beam up front with drop spindles (ET40 on the wheels though)...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Bump up Smile

Have had my 205 45's on the rear for about a year, but feel they look a little soft.
Have been thinking of stepping the rear up to a 205 50 like the above pics, as I reckon it looks great and gives a much fatter look.

1957 11-Window Split Bus
1954 3-fold Sunroof Oval Beetle

*** Looking for '56 Porsche T1 356A 1300 engine no. 22373 ***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Classifieds Feedback
dvs_vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. It's in keeping with a similar style of skinny/fat and small/tall that everyone runs with 15's, so why not do the same with 17's? Low profile rears look odd to me on 17's, and I'll be going a set up very similar to the above on mine.
'61 KGhia - sold
Hero
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: 17X7 Rader style wheels. Reply with quote

Ive got my mind made up about getting these. But it seems like im about 10 years behind. All links are dead and gone, and its damn near impossible to find information on them.

So.. are these still possible to get anywhere, Do you guys know of any links?
benozoval56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bjoy wrote:
these are obviously not raders, but i run 195/40's up front and 205/50's out back... 4 inch beam up front with drop spindles (ET40 on the wheels though)...

Digging this up from waaaay back when Shocked

Can I ask what size widths and offsets you were running please?

Thinking of similar stance for my ‘56 Oval

TIA Very Happy
rustednuggs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 17X7 Rader style wheels. Reply with quote

Adding to this awesome thread and I am stuck here Sad I am trying to plan to run VW heritage Rims 17x7.

66 Ball joint front end getting just an 4 inch adjustable beam, no dropped spindles.

I am trying to make sure 4 inch narrowed beam is the right width. I have found a disc brake kit and drums for 5x112 from socal autoparts. I'm just making sure I have it all prepared and thinking of all that I need.

Dual circuit reservoir

Brakes with no off-set - https://socalautoparts.com/product/no-hassle-front...-spindles/

Drums for the rear - https://socalautoparts.com/product/brake-drum-rear-5-lug-porsche-pattern-5-x-130/

Thoughts?

TY in advance - Rustedbuggs
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Jump to:
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: