Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

mrtimber - [email protected] - Troy Smith
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: mrtimber
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
tacoroll
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: mrtimber - [email protected] - Troy Smith Reply with quote

Buyer Beware.
I recently purchased a 1975 VW West which was advertised off this site and others from Troy Smith. Troy lives in Kansas and I live in Colorado. I had several conversations with Troy about the Westie before I purchased it. I asked Troy how the engine was he stated in the ad that it was rebuilt 2k miles before parked 5 years prior. He stated via phone which I have recorded that he has started it with starting fluid and it ran fine. He did state the tank would need flushed and the carb needed rebuilt and it would be fine. I did just that. started it up and it sounded like an aircompressor. I pulled the engine and found a huge crack in the case and the cylinder head blown. I reached out to him and no reply. I advise you to use caution when dealing with him.
willieb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: mrtimber - [email protected] - Troy Smith Reply with quote

I bought a 60' Kombie from Troy around the first of the year. I sent a deposit he held it in good faith for two weeks as I changed my plans a few times due to bad weather mostly. Not an easy thing to do with so many flakes to deal with out there!
The bus I bought was quite a bit of money for me anyway. (14K) But the bus was every bit as good as I had hoped for better actually.Extremely low rust, unmolested very complete and I am very satisfied. This is the bus I've been looking for. Thanks Troy
As for the folks bemoaning the price of other buses he has they are no more ridiculous than many others on this site! Stay strong my friend
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: mrtimber - [email protected] - Troy Smith Reply with quote

Purchased a 1972 Tintop Westfalia from Troy. Paid him a deposit which he held in honor for about a month while I got back into the shop and coordinated transport. Thank you Troy for your merit and honesty with the financial aspect of our deal.

My complaints come with the condition of the bus itself. Was informed it was a very nice condition bus considering the original asking price of almost $10k. I myself having a little more than half that in it, would've appreciated the transparency with the extent of rust on it. Front wheel wells are completely rusted out, the whole inner driver rocker is gone, the front floor gone. Was also told it was original paint, which was a HUGE factor of why we agreed upon price. This bus is nothing near original paint, MACCO job from 80's.

Feel like I paid double what I should've, considering how soft the market is right now. I don't think the guy is dishonest, but he's selling things to make money like the rest of us. Do your homework. - Sam

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: