Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Another buggy being saved
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hillmotorsports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Looking forward to pics of the heater/defrost system.

Paul

(With way more projects than spare time!)
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I just grafted in a couple of "universal HotRod" defroster vents into the top of the dash, right in line with the inside edge of the windshield frame. Then the hose just slips onto the inlet side under the dash. I cut up some old metal speaker mesh and will use a couple of dolups of clear silicone to hold the mesh onto the outlet side blowing against the windshield. I'll get some better pictures and post them later on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

3 years, 2 Cancer diagnosis (my daughtets,and mine), a new job, and 2 Cancer survivorships and it's finally in primer!! But who's counting?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Looking great!

Keep going.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Blocked out in 400, now heading into 600 grit. The daughter and I are planning to paint the top side in color next weekend.

Wetstuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

I love the heat/defrost vents - but, are you not going to need a gas turbine pushing enough air to make a difference?

Nice to hear you and your daughter dodged a bullet. 'You build on top of a uranium mine?

Jim
Manx #2614
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Wetstuff wrote:
I love the heat/defrost vents - but, are you not going to need a gas turbine pushing enough air to make a difference?

Nice to hear you and your daughter dodged a bullet. 'You build on top of a uranium mine?

Jim

Using the fan shroud and heater boxes just like on a standard VW Beetle...they all had working heat/defrost. Cut 2" holes low and have side interior panels, so I'm hiding the Spa/Jacuzzi hose from the rear heater box connection up to the vents on each side behind the vinyl.
I had prostrate cancer, seems to fun in the family, my little girl has an extremely rare form of Cancer (she's 1 of 39 known cases world wide) and we have NO IDEA why she got it. She's in remission now, but she's having some serious heart issues now, from the havoc that the Chemotherapy caused. We're still pretty stressed around the house, at 12y/o she could have a heart attack until we figure out how the fix it.
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Got her in paint

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Sweet! Love that color!
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Thanks, that's ALL metalflake. .004 micro in gold and orange, .008 mini in apricot, and .015 regular in orange. None of the bright orange paint color is showing thru. We really like metalflake.
57BLITZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

VERY COOL!!!! Cool
Peeling the masking is is more exciting than opening birthday gifts!
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Got the interior done, engine installed, top bolted on, and built a matching mini-bike for my daughter too.

heywebonya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Suh-weet memories and skills.

Great build
mi xj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

That is a sweet combo. It would be cool to see the bike tucked into the side pod area for transport.
MystixVintageCruisn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

This is so inspiring to me. I love how your build came to be. It inspired me with my project and I really relate to your story.

2 months after I went to buy my VW Phoenix my mom told me she was going to an oncologist because they found something in her mammogram.. We found out she had pre-cancer but it was becoming aggressive.. She has gone through a double mastectomy.. and is such a fighter. The fact that my mom raised me on her own as a mom and dad, I'm very attached and it really scared me and made me depressed.... Her dream is to see me happy and excel as an artist and I'm trying so hard to fulfill her dream. I want to take her on a camping trip when we are doing and go to historical landmarks because we are both into history and photography... I kind of went off on a tangent here but..

Thanks for sharing your build with me. I really appreciate it and I know how hard it can be... I hope you and your daughter the best of luck.
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

My daughters Street Buggy is "done"!!!
LesbleuBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Awesome !!!!

We need more pictures though Very Happy
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Love the period look on this. Just make sure you’re blasting some Beach Boys on the radio while driving it! How is your clearance? My tires stick out as well and have kept the body up off a bit more than you have. Any problems scrubbing?
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

It has a BeachBoys 8-track in at right now! At the moment it is just "static low" for the show, I didn't have enough time to clock the rear torsions, and in front I'll be narrowing the beam and installing adjusters, but again ran out of time. It's in the show because a friend puts it on and he asked if we'd be willing to show it, as we DIDN'T build it for show entries....we'll be driving the crap out of it!!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Beautiful job! That mini bike is a sweet touch too - genius!

Yes yes - run the wheels off that thing. Time is precious when you both have been given a second chance at life. Make it more than quality time, make it quantity time as well and what a great ride to do it in!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: