Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vendor appreciation
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Vendor appreciation Reply with quote

Over the past month or so, I've had some great online vendor experiences.

Accelerator cable broke because that's an item I should have already replaced.

Had a mid-week day off coming up on Thursday.

On Sunday prior, order from:

Van-Cafe: Cable, linkage plastic housing and grommet (non existent on my van). Order standard UPS and say in comments need by Thursday, upgrade shipping as needed. I can't really answer the phone or get emails at work. Van-Cafe shipped by USPS SAVING me money and I have by Weds. They did try to contact me about the change beforehand.

Vanagain: My cable was truly stuck at the ball and socket linkage by the tranny. I damaged the ball getting it off and bent the linkage up a little bit. Vanagain was the only vendor where I could find this part. Again, I had it by Weds. Great to be able to get this hard-to-find part, quickly and affordably.

Then, for my birthday wife gets us the T3 center caps for Frankie's CLKs. Again, ordered on Sunday, have by Weds.

In the past, GoWesty and BusDepot have also both been a pleasure to deal with.

Having great vendor support is why relative beginners like me can work on our vans and buy the kit we want for fun and adventure.

I know these folks all make money, but running a niche business ain't easy.

So,thanks to the above and all the other specialty vendors I'm sure I'll give money to in the future!

Last edited by mikemtnbike on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendor appreciation Reply with quote

Nice!

Great fodder for the feedback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

Post it up! Cool

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendor appreciation Reply with quote

Well said and we need to constantly remind those folls how much they contribute to our vans. I own other makes and it can take all the fun out of owning when you cant make it reliable to go on a trip. Bravo!
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendor appreciation Reply with quote

I think we're very lucky to have the best vendors in the automotive business!

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
0to60in6min
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendor appreciation Reply with quote

all the vendors are all very good.. excellent...

without them we we are in BIG trouble... Very Happy
9.5isCanadian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendor appreciation Reply with quote

I’d like to add my two bits as well.
Local to me is Concept1 (Calgary Alberta) and Partly Dave’s (Vernon BC) and both have been exceptional.
I’ve had three orders shipped to me from Bus Depot, super fast and easy to deal with.

Dancing

9 1/2

1987 Getaway Hightop
1980 Sunroof Vanagon
2018 BMW R Nine T
2012 Golf tdi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Howesight
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendor appreciation Reply with quote

I like this thread.

Too often, a negative experience ends up needlessly smearing an otherwise good vendor. I have had excellent service from all the major vendors, GoWesty, VanCafe, Vanagain, Bus Depot, T-3Technique, Rocky Mountain Westy and SmallCar. It's not easy to please everyone with everything, but my service experiences with these vendors have been excellent.
RichBenn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Vendor appreciation Reply with quote

Howesight wrote:
I like this thread.

Too often, a negative experience ends up needlessly smearing an otherwise good vendor. I have had excellent service from all the major vendors, GoWesty, VanCafe, Vanagain, Bus Depot, T-3Technique, Rocky Mountain Westy and SmallCar. It's not easy to please everyone with everything, but my service experiences with these vendors have been excellent.

This! I've bought from each of these(except RMW, yet) Had very few issues, and all of those resolved. The true marks are vendor knowledge and integrity.
Syncro Jael
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendor appreciation Reply with quote

Yes, my hat is off to all of our wonderful vendors. What is nice is they have the same passion as we do to keep our rigs out on the roads and trails!

Many, many, thanks to all of you! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WestyWanter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendor appreciation Reply with quote

They've all been great to me to! I accidentally bought this fan switch resistor thing from GW and normally they won't take back electrical parts but this time they hooked me up!

Also T3 has been great emailed them some photos of the wheels I bought with a few details and links were sent back of exactly what I needed, granted they were a bit expensive but oh well the van looks kick a$$ now
kourt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Vendor appreciation Reply with quote

One of the things that keeps me interested in Vanagons is the unique aftermarket vendors supporting the vehicle. We have some great companies offering great solutions.

I thought my classic Volvo 240 was well supported in the aftermarket--then I became a Vanagon owner and discovered the next level.

kourt
greebly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Vendor appreciation Reply with quote

T3 Technique. I appreciate Christopher's participation in the Forum and he does not push his product. His demeanor and product sell themselves. He is quick to respond to inquiries.
Butcher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendor appreciation Reply with quote

Lets not forget about FedEx, UPS, and the USPS, they often times are the reason you can get parts in a couple days.

Heck, some of the international shipping companies are just as amazing. I can order a part from England and have it here in less than 7 days, not business days either.
termuehlen Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Vendor appreciation Reply with quote

I ordered a part by phone from GoWesty on Friday at 3:45pm, as I was traveling and it was just easier to call. They asked me if I needed the part quickly and I told them that I did. They said they would mail it as soon as possible. It went out that day via UPS ground and I received it in Northern California the next day, Saturday. I had come to rely on my proximity to Van Cafe for fast delivery, because they were close to my home. It looks like I have another option now. Thanks GoWesty!
Gizmoman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendor appreciation Reply with quote

Here's Kudos to Bill at Arizona Transaxle. He rebuilt my 5 speed AAP many months ago and it is spinning along just dandy even with my oversize tires and 20 lbs of boost.
Thanks Bill!
llilibel03
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Vendor appreciation Reply with quote

Besides the big vendors I have to say that Jack Bombay makes a great product (pop top lift assist) and, mmmm, Terry Kay, front heater core shut off valve. Both have made my vanagon more use friendly. Both products were reasonably priced and arrived promptly.

Nexto n my list is thatvwbusguy's headlight relays.
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Vendor appreciation Reply with quote

Ive been apart of
rx7club
s2ki
nasioc
novajeepers

And overall for a forum and vehicle group that has so little vendors I have been so impressed. While I can say that the other cars I have had, had great vendor support, the Vanagon community is super lucky.

I have bought from busdepot, gowesty, vancafe, t3, tencent, and vanagonlife and I have had nothing but an exceptional experience.

Any and every issue I ever hand was handled expeditiously. Thumbs up to all of them.
WiboBusMan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:49 am    Post subject: Frankcondelli.com Reply with quote

I thought I'd wake this thread up from its slumber.

Here's a shout out to Frank Condelli (just a client, no affiliation) , who provided quick replies to email, almost instantaneous shipping of my order, and an unexpected refund of the estimated shipping to actual shipping cost.

It's good to remind ourselves that there still are decent, honest people out there.

W
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: