Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Austria
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AustroBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: Austria Reply with quote

Hello from Austria!
(this tiny country next to Germany, in Europe - NOT Australia)

I just wondered how many austrian thesamba members i can find.. Think
I know about:
djfordmanjack
Huetti_1989
oldspeed79
WOB1

I thought this thread would also be nice to write about meetings and getting to know new people. Let me know if you need anything concerning Austria - maybe i can help you!

Visit my website to read about upcoming VW meetings in Austria (and entire Europe) in 2018.

Barndoor Coachbuilder Topics:
"Hans Kohlruss & Co"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Austria Reply with quote

You have a beautiful country. We were fortunate enough to visit Salzburg on our way back up from Venice into Germany a couple of years ago. We very much enjoyed the Wienerschnitzel.

I recently learned that after the Von Trapp family fled Austria in '38, they settled in Stowe Vermont in the U.S., where the Von Trapp family has run a ski lodge ever since. The remains of Georg, Maria, Agathe, Hedwig, Martina, Rupert, and Werner are interred there. Rosemarie, Johannes and Eleonore are still alive, as far as I know.
AustroBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Austria Reply with quote

Yes, we have a very beautiful country, i can't appreciate that enough! Very Happy
And a real Wienerschnitzel is one of the best meals ever - anyone who did not try it, definetely missed something in his life..

Yes, the Trapps are from Austria. Believe me or not, but the entire "The Sound of Music"-topic is very popular in the U.S. but if you ask me, hardly anyone in Austria knows about the Trapp family and their story.

Barndoor Coachbuilder Topics:
"Hans Kohlruss & Co"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
al-staire
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Austria Reply with quote

I an not a born austrian , but I live in Upper Austria, does that count? Cool
dielinde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Austria Reply with quote

Hallo i am new here, but Long into aircooled VWs...

I am Matthias from Carintha, 38 and i drive a 84 Sondermodell Eisblau with Stahlsport Wheels and White Walls...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: