Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1968 vw beetle woody wagon
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 vw beetle woody wagon Reply with quote

Gonna tell ya - I started the woodie and just got a running chassis....took me 2 more years to get the balls to start on the rest....and a notebook of sketches and zillions of pics.....
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CarlIseminger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 vw beetle woody wagon Reply with quote

Does anyone know someone from the VWoodies2 and the Volkswagen Woodies Yahoo Groups?

I have tried now for the last couple of months to join, but have not had any success.
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 vw beetle woody wagon Reply with quote

I have not had any luck with the group owner responding to emails.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CarlIseminger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 vw beetle woody wagon Reply with quote

I don't know if someone on the Woodies Yahoo Group helped or the "owner" finally got my emails, but I received access to the two Yahoo Groups this past weekend.

Lots of good information and the photos that I have been looking for showing various parts of the finished VW Woodies so I can see assembly details.
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 vw beetle woody wagon Reply with quote

Awesome....
carmelmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 vw beetle woody wagon Reply with quote

Nice to see so much interest in VW Woodies! I still drive our prototype all the time. I try to get it out at least once a month, and more if possible.

It's been holding up GREAT, but it has been in a garage for the past 25+ years now. They're great, and I really love mine (but I have been driving it for over 35 years now!)

I need to take it up to the Santa Cruz Woodies On The Wharf, if it's still going...I was invited about 19 or 20 years ago, but something got in the way, and I still have yet to get to that event...My lady is pushing to put the Woody in the Small Car concours in Pacific Grove this August, so we'll see...

Send us pics, if you have one built from our plans! (or inspired by, as I see some heavily modified VW Woodies built from parts of the plans...We were going to do a Town & Country-inspired roadster at one point, but that project got diverted by something else (as many of them do!)

Happy building and driving to everyone!

Mike Stevenson
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 vw beetle woody wagon Reply with quote

Mike, I bought a basket case that was built from your plans before I designed and built my car. I used your plans as a jumping off point and a good source of information, but there really was nothing that I built that was directly from the plans.

The other woodie I have was built many many years ago by John Slusar from Milwaukee.

And by the way, the 2 yahoo groups (Vwoodies and Vwoodies2)have recently been brought back to life since the group owner has rise from the dead LOL. The Stevenson cars are the primary cars on those pages.
Mikhail_lewis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 vw beetle woody wagon Reply with quote

I noticed my rear wheel camber when i got new rubber put on. I was wondering if the rear shocks were upgraded for heavier loads and that is why i have my.wheels camber like that. Im sure with passengers and more weight the wheel camber will go back to normal?

andk5591 wrote:
Yeah - what you have is a "Stevenson". Have seen these done really well, really crappy and everywhere in between. I would suggest researching it some to get a better handle on what you have. And having a set of the plans is a really good idea since yours looks like it was pretty much built from them.

I am not blowing my own horn, but I have become a bit of an expert on VW Woodie conversions. I own the first one ever built and one of, if not the last one. Neither of my cars are based on the Stevenson plans, but I did own one at one time...scrapped the body, but used the pan for my 69 VW Woodie.

If you have any questions, you are welcome to email or private message me.

And what's the deal with your rear camber?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: