Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ray Iddings Interview with Bruce Meyers (2006)
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Ray Iddings Interview with Bruce Meyers (2006) Reply with quote

Back in 2006, Ray Iddings interviewed Bruce Meyers for his Volkscast Radio program. Even though Volkscast Radio is no longer on the air, the 2-part segment is available in mp3 format.

From Ray Iddings: "Bruce’s interview was fascinating to me, as with any Icon and Bruce IS an Icon, you never realize how multidimensional some folks are. Bruce has depth of a life consumed and studied, not just lived. From his story of World War II, to the merchant marines, then of course to the MANX, I was drawn into his lyrical speech; his view that “there is art in everything”. Bruce's interview was the first time the show was ever recorded in a two-part format and for good reason; amazing, rich and surprising.

I hope you find this interview as compelling as I did. If you own a Manx you may think it’s a “fun” little ride but to Bruce “It had to flow”. I think even with all the copy cats, the reason why a Real Meyers Manx is the best is that it has blood, sweat and tears from a man that deserves more recognition than he gets."

Use the MP3 radio player graphic to access the program (Part 1 of 2, Part 2 of 2). The PLAY and PAUSE buttons are active; pressing the Stop button takes you back to the beginning. It is no possible to scan through the recordings, so you will have to listen to each part from start to finish (pausing when necessary). Each part is approximately 1 hour in length.

Enjoy.

http://www.eastcoastdunebuggies.com/bruce_meyers_interview.htm

Edit: I should have mentioned this earlier; these audio files will be available until the first part of July 2018.

Check out my videos on Youtube

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." - Dale M.
"When in doubt, blame it on the previous owner" - Gary0302
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: