Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hoffman Cars - Ok.. and Im looking for Information.. :)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Hoffman Cars - Ok.. and Im looking for Information.. :) Reply with quote

Great Car! Only a birth certificate will tell you for certain if it's a Hoffman. After 65+ years any and all of these things could have been changed/updated.

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
7/1968 Type 265 Double Cab
10/1958 Type 117
vwcooker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Hoffman Cars - Ok.. and Im looking for Information.. :) Reply with quote

Agreed, but its looking good. Anyone know the current wait time for birth certificates is?

Oh...and obviously it has radials on it, lol. Bias plys going on soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoffman Cars - Ok.. and Im looking for Information.. :) Reply with quote

From what I've been seeing the current wait time is 5-6 months. I've had my request in for right at 3 months. I'll let you know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joshua B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoffman Cars - Ok.. and Im looking for Information.. :) Reply with quote

Any of you guys with all original Hoffman splits still have what you believe to be the original windshields in them? Since they are US imports I would believe they had to have a laminate and not a tempered windshield. Was wondering if they had any logos on them. My '52 Zwitter has all the original Sekurit glass except the windshield, which isn't uncommon. I would believe the windshield to be a later replacement. The windshield is a laminate windshield with Safetee PLATE written on the lower corner. Anyone out there with an original?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
parker007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoffman Cars - Ok.. and Im looking for Information.. :) Reply with quote

what is original glass? my oct 52 has duraplate
billmetric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Hoffman Cars - Ok.. and Im looking for Information.. :) Reply with quote

My June '52 Hoffman Standard has non laminated but tempered Sekurit glass with the logo in the upper left drivers side readable from outside matching the other 4 side windows, rear glass panes have no temper logos, some states in '52 may have required laminated glass such as Pennsylvania but PA also would not allow sales of VWs type of single mechanical brake system (without independent park brakes) which made Standard models unacceptable for sale at the time
There is an idea of a Billmetric; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there...
vwcooker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Hoffman Cars - Ok.. and Im looking for Information.. :) Reply with quote

Mine has the Sekurit logo in the lower left corner.
Joshua B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Hoffman Cars - Ok.. and Im looking for Information.. :) Reply with quote

Interesting. Can you tell if yours is laminated or tempered? Also did your car come with the late '52 to early '53 American/Canadian style of sealed beam headlights with the "euro" style buckets?
billiejohnson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoffman Cars - Ok.. and Im looking for Information.. :) Reply with quote

1952 split 11c
Vin 1-0364755
Engine 1-0441395
Ordered certificate, now just waiting to confirm.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Schwing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Hoffman Cars - Ok.. and Im looking for Information.. :) Reply with quote

Is Wiggy still tracking the list of Hoffman's or can somebody share the latest list? I sold a 50 which turned out to be a Hoffman, and they bought another 50 which I believe to be a Hoffman. I should receive the birth cert this week, was just curious and also I would like to add to the list.

Thanks!

Single Cab - BBXXVII Long Distance Winner
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
makin_vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoffman Cars - Ok.. and Im looking for Information.. :) Reply with quote

Schwing wrote:
Is Wiggy still tracking the list of Hoffman's or can somebody share the latest list? I sold a 50 which turned out to be a Hoffman, and they bought another 50 which I believe to be a Hoffman. I should receive the birth cert this week, was just curious and also I would like to add to the list.

Thanks!

im curious as well, and I think I know the 50 you are saying, is he going to do a thread update on it? i know he started one?

-Matt A
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jimone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Hoffman Cars - Ok.. and Im looking for Information.. :) Reply with quote

mine is also new york delivery and therefore a hoffman. i tried messaging wiggy about it a year or two ago and never heard back. i tried official contact through the registry as well as messaging on here.
52 split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoffman Cars - Ok.. and Im looking for Information.. :) Reply with quote

i believe Bob Cropsey has a list going and you can get a hoffman badge for your car from him or at least you could. maybe that link could be in the sticky section for his site? what say Ev.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: