Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

69 DOKA gas tank buffer / insulation
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
guzzirider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: 69 DOKA gas tank buffer / insulation Reply with quote

I pulled the gas tank and cleaner that lovely area, and in the process of priming and applying truck bed liner. In looking at the gas tank it had been removed before and welded in two locations where the tank had rubbed on the bottom. The insulating pads are pretty shot. I am trying to think of what would be a better buffer between the tank and the bus.

I think and old Mtn bike tire would work. Trim the sidewall off, put it so the tread is away from the tank..Any other suggestions

Thank you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busman78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: 69 DOKA gas tank buffer / insulation Reply with quote

I used a couple strips of 1/8" thick Nitrile rubber.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
70Crew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: 69 DOKA gas tank buffer / insulation Reply with quote

A couple suggestions and links in this thread:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=690386&highlight=tank+pads
CarlosZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: 69 DOKA gas tank buffer / insulation Reply with quote

Tape like weather stripping with from Lowe’s or Home Depot works well.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: