Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

944 rear axle for the ‘86 doka
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gumbajv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject: 944 rear axle for the ‘86 doka Reply with quote

What year 944 rear axle fits the ‘86 doka?
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 944 rear axle for the ‘86 doka Reply with quote

I'm not sure if the AXLE fits, versus the CV. Others will chime in but I think that's the case.
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
gumbajv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: 944 rear axle for the ‘86 doka Reply with quote

After more searching I bought this:
Vanagon / Syncro Westfalia CV Axle Shaft-GKN/Loebro 85-89 Porsche 944 UPGRADE on Ebay.
VanCafe use to carry them, here's the part number: 944.332.038.01
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: 944 rear axle for the ‘86 doka Reply with quote

If you can cancel that order, you will want to. The GKN/Lobro complete 944 axles use different CVs that you get when you order the individual kits and they are junk. I don't know why GKN/Lobro does this, but my customers who have gone this route have gotten very few miles out of them before the CVs start the downward spiral and start making noise. Putting new, individual GKN/Lobro CV kits with Rockford boots are a much, much better option.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
gumbajv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: 944 rear axle for the ‘86 doka Reply with quote

Where do I get the Lobro cv kits?
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: 944 rear axle for the ‘86 doka Reply with quote

Well, now it sounds like a sell job, but its really not. The information about the poor quality of the axles assemblies is completely true. I just don't like seeing people spend good money and time on junk parts.

I have the CV kits and boots in stock, but you can get them other places too.

http://www.t3technique.com/suspension-and-drivetra...t-kit.html

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
gumbajv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: 944 rear axle for the ‘86 doka Reply with quote

The same cv joint work for both the inside and outside. The power of assumption always does me in.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: