Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What to offer for a all original 61 bug
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovethatconvertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

Good Luck, Fingers crossed.
Derek Cobb
Annoying

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

I showed up with a pocket full of cash and agreements were made once again. They told me to return on Thursday with a flatbed and the car is mine. I have my fingers crossed that it will happen this time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lovethatconvertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

Popcorn
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

It took me 17 years to get my ‘68 bus, I ended up getting it from the family and it was nowhere near as nice.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Robert H
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

Good luck! I've bought my last two cars (51 MG and 65 VW) from dead guys. Well, there families.
lovethatconvertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

Well, do you have some good news for us? Popcorn
Derek Cobb
Annoying

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

Looks like the flakage has started again. Left messages, texts, called. I have a fistfull of Hondo's in my pocket and all they have to do is sign a bill of sale and unlock a door. This is making me crazy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lovethatconvertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

That Blows, I can't stand it when people get flaky. Oh well there's always tomorrow.
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

Derek Cobb wrote:
I showed up with a pocket full of cash and agreements were made once again. They told me to return on Thursday with a flatbed and the car is mine. I have my fingers crossed that it will happen this time.

Why do you need a flatbed? What's wrong with a towbar and u-haul truck or a friend pick up truck?

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Derek Cobb
Annoying

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

40 year old tires won't hold air. I don't have any "roller" tires on five lug rims.
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

For someone who has been waiting to this long with all the flakage going on, should know better. Shame on you Good thing I don't know where that car is sitting.

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Derek Cobb
Annoying

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

Finally got a call back. They want more than I offered but they don't know how much more. The mystery price has returned. I'll give it a week or so and sweeten the pot.

This is turning into a seriously funny challenge. Now I'm just curious how this silly thing finally ends. I hope the good-guy wins...
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

Jeebus Kristmas. Get a hoover dam price out of these people. Show up, start laying hundred dollar bills on a table- then when they finally get excited- scoop them all up and tell them you changed your mind.

These people deserve to have these cars forever.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

Good Lord. Seriously dude. The next time you meet them be sure they have the friggin title in hand and you have cash and a flatbed with you. Don’t even waste your time with these asshats until all of these are met. I’ll bet money the car isn’t even in anyone’s name that has the legal authority to sign it over. Possibly why they are giving you the runaround. Not sure what you are offering or what they want but are these people so hard up to waste your fucking time over a grand or two? You have the patience of a saint. I would have already lost it on these turds. Sell the damn car or don’t. Find out who exactly has the title and only talk to that person.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Robert H
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

I've heard of spending 10 years restoring a car, but not just buying one. You are a very patient guy--hope it works out for you in the end.
I also sounds like OCD is hereditary--never knew that.
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
Jeebus Kristmas. Get a hoover dam price out of these people. Show up, start laying hundred dollar bills on a table- then when they finally get excited- scoop them all up and tell them you changed your mind.

These people deserve to have these cars forever.

I like your idea. Smile

02/76 Beetle sedan
Derek Cobb
Annoying

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

Finally got a counter offer, but it was a bit into the silly range. I counter offered the counter offer and I was promised a call-back tonight.

Concerning the title, I know the paperwork is all in proper order. Nothing sketchy there.

My patience is based more on the entertainment value of this ridiculous transaction. I giggle now every time I actually get some communication from them.

If I do get the car I'll be very happy. If I don't I'll have a crazy story to tell. Either way I'll get something of value out of the deal.
Robert H
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

Any updates on this? I have been following it for a while, and wondered if there was an outcome.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

I didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings. I drove down there, talked to the owners and told them I'm serious about the car and was willing to pay a fair amount of cash for it. They told me about some "CrAzY" letter carrier who kept hassling them yet would NEVER show them money- and that YES(!) they wanted me to have the car because I was ready with a DECENT cash offer, a simple towbar and spare rims that in their words says, "he knows about early VWs," and it meant no longer having obsessive visits and calls- and that was worth more to them than just money. Cool

I'll post an ad for it after I scrape off all the psychotic paint crap. Very Happy

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Mos6502
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What to offer for a all original 61 bug Reply with quote

Seriously?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: