Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skylarkman2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

VDN your pictures are a great help.
I tore into the forester dash today.
From your pictures, I thought it would be easier. what a chore.
Wow this thing has a million wires.
Did you just cut and ignore all wires to the rear?
I am saving the instrument cluster to do like capitancanuck's.
My thanks to all.
dave-TX
Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

skylarkman2 wrote:
VDN your pictures are a great help.
I tore into the forester dash today.
From your pictures, I thought it would be easier. what a chore.
Wow this thing has a million wires.
Did you just cut and ignore all wires to the rear?
I am saving the instrument cluster to do like capitancanuck's.
My thanks to all.
dave-TX

Yea, the dash job is a bit of a chore. Not terribly difficult, but time consuming.

Most every wire in the harness that I pulled from the car was able to be disconnected from a bulk connector somewhere, so I removed the harness in once piece complete. I did cut a couple of wires, but it was only one or two from what I remember (related to the air bags, and a random wire or two going up into the headliner IIRC). Essentially though, anything that ends up going back towards the rear of the car should be going away.

67 Beetle (TBD)

74 Transporter (EJ25 Swapped) - Build Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

See all my VW pics on Instagram @ vee_dub_nut
Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

Not too much to report on, but I did get a few parts in the mail...

First up is the throttle body reverser. I picked this one up from Marshall Motorsports (found them on FB). From the ones I've looked at, theirs looked to be one of the most compact, and has nice 1/4" thick CNC cut flanges. Fit and finish is nice. Of course this item can be pretty easily fabricated if you're so inclined. For me it was just a time vs cost thing, so I bought it and moved on to other things. Here are a few pics of it bolted up for mock up. I will run a silicon 90 right off the TB into an intake pipe that goes over to the left side of the engine bay where the MAF & filter will be. Should look pretty clean I think. Certainly not quite as slick as Skills intake setup, but no mods on the body required, the intake stays put, and I get to keep my AC mount. Seems like a good compromise to me.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The other off the shelf part I bought was an engine cradle from Mick at Busaru. This was another part that I had planned on making on my own originally, but when I found this one, the quality vs price made it a no-brainer to just buy. For the money, this is a REALLY nice hanger IMO. My replacement motor mounts should be here this week, so hopefully I can get it installed pretty soon.

Not much else going on really. Still trying to figure out what my plans are for a cooling system. I had been planning on running a belly mount rad for cooling, but there is part of me that wants to give a try at a dual in-bay radiator setup. The fit/finish of the in-bay rads are so much nicer IMO, and something I have always wanted to try my hand at. That said, I know that by and large most folks that have done that either rely pretty heavily on fans, or end up changing to something else. However I do think it is possible (at least for some setups), just don't know if now is the right time for me to spend the time/money to try it. We'll see...

67 Beetle (TBD)

74 Transporter (EJ25 Swapped) - Build Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

Vee Dub Nut wrote:

The other off the shelf part I bought was an engine cradle from Mick at Busaru.

Durango stand up!!!!
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

Still plugging away at small things, but progress is slow.

Currently there is a LOT of planning going on for all of the sub-systems (cooling, fuel, & exhaust). This is the part of the project where the easy bolt in stuff is done, so now its all design and fabrication of everything else.

Did do some clean-up work on the Busaru bar mounting plates (just for aesthetics), and then prepped, painted, and installed it. I think this is a pretty nice bar for the money. The angle of the plates that mount to the frame could be slightly better. At least on my Bus, it seemed that the plates didn't have quite the same angle as the frame section. Its really pretty minor overall and pulled up fine when bolted, but thought it was worth mentioning.

The real trick as I see it now is exhaust routing. I've only found one "off the shelf" solution for an exhaust that looks like it would work with where the engine hangers are on these swaps. A lot of systems I have found tend to route the either the 1/3 or 2/4 bank up forward around the front of the oil pan before merging in with the other bank, but the engine hanger completely blocks that. Similarly, I've seen folks run stock STI or Forester turbo manifolds flipped, but they have the same problem clearing the bar (wouldn't be a problem in a T1 or split bus application where the trans supports the engine).

I don't really think this issue is specific to the Busaru bar, as most other bars tend to occupy the same space around the engine. I suppose a more custom bar could be fabricated to give additional room, but that's not real different than fabricating an exhaust to fit the current space really. I've got plenty of room to get an exhaust made and route out from the engine, but it just looks like I'm going to have to build it myself. I'm really trying to keep things tucked up as much as possible too. That would be my only other complaint so far, is that the Subaru engine tends to hang a little on the low side overall.

Now switching gears to the cooling system, I did get my radiator in (no pics of my own yet, just the stock photo). I opted to stick with a belly mounted arrangement in the end. As much as I'd like to experiment with an in-bay setup, if I'm honest, I don't have the time or money to do so now. The radiator I picked up is a nice AFCO aluminum double pass 2 row setup. The core size itself is 18.5" x 22" which I think should give me plenty of capacity. I've got to modify the inlet/outlet positions on the tank still and get a mounting system set up for it, but it should fit right between the rails nicely.

Since I do have to do some welding on the rad, I figured I'd better start getting some practice with AC tig. I've had my Hobart tig machine for a while now, but in general haven't used it a lot, and haven't done anything with AC at all. So yesterday I picked up a few pieces of scrap aluminum and started playing around. I'm pretty pleased that with just a bit of practice I managed to get some decent looking beads (of course this was after blowing some holes in a few pieces first LOL). Got a lot more practicing to do to get consistent and comfortable, but I think I'm well on my way to being able to do the mods I need to do to the rad in my own garage.

All for now. I have the last few bits of my intake plumbing showing up today. Hope to get that knocked out this week before we take a little vac next week. So updates will still be pretty sparse for a few weeks.

67 Beetle (TBD)

Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

So this project is still moving, but its admittedly moving slowly, and slowing down even more.

The past few weeks have basically turned into getting everything I have on hand either bolted down and finished up on the Bus, or just collected and boxed up, as my family and I are fixing to move across country. This will essentially stop all progress for the next 1 to 2 months until we get moved and settled in at the new place. We are headed to the NW Georgia area where my wife is from originally. I'm REALLY looking forward to getting the swap done and cruising the Bus up in the mountains. I think there is going to be a lot to see and do for us there.

As for actual Bus progress, I got the throttle body reverser and associated intake and MAF plumbing basically sorted out. I'm pretty pleased with the out come. Its a little "blingy", but seems to fit/blend in well enough. I'm using an AEM dryflow filter and added a filterwears pre-filter cover.

On the exhaust front, I pulled the trigger on a Rocky Mountain Westy stainless header. This really looked to be the only (or at least one of the very few) that would fit nice and up tight with the engine hanger. I wanted something that tucked up nicely, and this one seems to fit the bill. Its a pretty high quality piece fabrication wise, and I'm happy with the fit and finish. It was definitely a little spendy, but with my impending move and other life disruptions, I decided spending the extra coin on an off the shelf solution was the best route. I just don't have time to try and fabricate something myself (and admittedly, my fabrication and tig skills still need more development and practice to pull off making a header this nice myself).

Here is everything that comes with the header from RMW

Here is a view from the back of the Bus with the header bolted up to the engine. Here you can see how well it tucks up. Its definitely not the lowest thing hanging off the engine by any means.

Another "up skirt" shot with the header installed. From the end of the pipe, there will be a 180* bend that comes around and ties into the muffler. I have a Walker 6" round muffler that will get mounted just below the rear valance centered left to right, just right about in the same spot as the stock T4 muffler would occupy. Should be a pretty subtle setup, and look basically stock to the untrained eye.

All for now... Whenever I get moved and start turning some wrenches again, I'll continue updating. Hope to catch up with the GA and ATL locals in the near future.

67 Beetle (TBD)

DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

It all looks amazing, so clean. Just commenting so I can get the alerts of thread updates. Keep up the great work!
'41 Zundapp KS600
'55 Puch SGS250
A very, very understanding wife
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliments DougB! Glad your enjoying the build.

67 Beetle (TBD)

skylarkman2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

Wow, and I was counting on maybe visiting your project when I go to see my daughter in Victoria. And you up and move to GA.
Family comes first.
My project will have some delays as well, so I will group my questions for sometime later.
I have deciphered my harness, and preparing it for install.
I may try captaincanuck's install of the subaru instrument cluster.
I know you will be busy the next few months.
Thanks again for your pictures and excellent documentation.
dave
Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

Yup... quite a few folks that won't get to see how it turned out around here. Kinda bummed about that honestly, but looking forward to a change in scenery. If you ever get out towards Atlanta, look me up Laughing

Headed out next weekend to pickup a car hauler. I've been wanting to get one for some time now. I'm using the cross country move as a good excuse to go ahead and buy one Cool

Sounds like you are making some good progress on yours. My harness is still at 90%. Its cut down and tested, but hasn't been finalized and cleaned up/loomed yet. That will be one of the last things on my list. I basically have to wrap up the exhaust and finish the cooling system. Beyond that, its all a bunch of little stuff. Can't wait to get settled into a new (hopefully bigger) garage space and get it wrapped up.

67 Beetle (TBD)

Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

Just checking in folks...

Its been almost 2 months since progress on the Subaru swap was interrupted by our cross country move. Unfortunately work has not yet resumed, as we are still waiting to get into our new place. That said, we did have a trouble free move. Given that my truck is nearly 20 years old and has over 150k miles on it, it pulled the bus and car hauler like a champ the entire way. Here is a highway shot that my wifey caught from her van as we crossed the Atchafalaya basin in LA (she wasn't driving when she took the pic).

The bus has been patiently waiting for attention since our arrival in ATL. My in-laws opened up their home for my entire family to stay at when we got here, and even cleared a space in the garage for the bus to stay in while we house hunted. It kills me walking by it every morning on the way to work. I'm so ready to drive it again.

Unfortunately that's about all the update I have... BUT good news, we are on track to be in our new place by the end of the month. I am very excited to get back into our own home again, and am looking forward to getting all of our stuff out of storage with the movers. The new place is offering some real exciting shop space, and I can't wait to get into my garage/shop all get it all set back up so I can get along with the swap. Its soo close...

I'll post again once we land in the new place.. See yall!

67 Beetle (TBD)

Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

Well crud... just noticed all my non-VW fliker pics went away. These were all my Subaru pics that didn't have VW stuff in them and couldn't be posted here. Guess I need to look into fixing them again. Rolling Eyes

67 Beetle (TBD)

skylarkman2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

VDN I hope you are getting settled in to your new place.
I have been trying to make a little progress with my project.
Sometimes searching for an answer on the forum, you have to go through a lot of pages of threads, and then it really doesn't answer your question.
Clutch question - do you use the subaru flywheel and pressure plate with a VW clutch disk?
I note that the VW disk is only 2.5 mm larger in diameter.
What fuel pump is recommended?
Has anyone adapted the Subaru in tank fuel pump to the VW tank?
Has anyone adapted the stock Subaru radiator and fans in this conversion?.
The following I have determined are available:
Adapter plate,
Motor mount,
Vehicle Speed Sensor,
Throttle body reverser.
Exhaust system.
Am I missing anythnig?
Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

skylarkman2 wrote:
VDN I hope you are getting settled in to your new place.
I have been trying to make a little progress with my project.
Sometimes searching for an answer on the forum, you have to go through a lot of pages of threads, and then it really doesn't answer your question.
Clutch question - do you use the subaru flywheel and pressure plate with a VW clutch disk?
I note that the VW disk is only 2.5 mm larger in diameter.
What fuel pump is recommended?
Has anyone adapted the Subaru in tank fuel pump to the VW tank?
Has anyone adapted the stock Subaru radiator and fans in this conversion?.
The following I have determined are available:
Adapter plate,
Motor mount,
Vehicle Speed Sensor,
Throttle body reverser.
Exhaust system.
Am I missing anythnig?

Hey Skylarkman!

We are getting settled in... slowly. Currently the Bus is still sitting. I did get it moved into the new shop, and finally got most of the tools situated and the 220V outlet installed so I can use the welder again (as the cooling system is next up on the list). Hopefully I can start making some progress again soon.

For my swap, I used the full Kennedy adapter plate and flywheel. This essentially gives you a VW sized flywheel (in my case 200mm) that can use standard VW aftermarket clutch/pressure plate parts. I'm using a Kennedy Stg 1 plate and Diaken (sp?) disk. Parts that I had around from my other VW motors.

There are a ton of options for fuel pumps out there. I'm personally planning to use a Walbro 255 pump on mine. Its a very common aftermarket EFI rated pump, and again something I already had in the parts stash from past injected VW motor projects.

For a radiator I'm going to use a large aftermarket aluminum one I bought from Summit. The stock Subaru radiator is sized well for the engine given good air flow, but when running a radiator under the Bus (or some other odd place) with our conversions, air flow is less than ideal, so additional radiator capacity is generally a good idea. I will also be using an aftermarket fan sized for my radiator core size.

Like most things, there are more than 1 way to skin a cat. No two swaps are going to be the same (unless done by the same person). You'll have to do some digging around to see what others are doing. Between that, some of my own calculations and plans, I've got a decent path laid out for mine... YMMV

67 Beetle (TBD)

skylarkman2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

VDN - I know that you have had your hands full - new baby, new house, new job. Often our projects get put on the back burner.
So has mine.
My granddaughter's explorer broke a timing chain - 4.0l v6 sohc.
I have worked on cars for over 50 years and this has been a nightmare.
I am anxious to get back to the subaru.
Most of my questions were rhetorical.
I started a thread of subaru conversion questions just to perhaps consolidate some answers or discussion for the next guy that comes along.
Not much response.
My project came with a Kennedy adapter and flywheel from some previous use.
I sent the flywheel to KEP for resurfacing. new bearings, bolts, stage 2 PP and disk. Although the VW starter might work fine, I am a fan of hi-torque starters.
Some problems can be addressed by just buying what is already available.
I sometimes enjoy looking for a different solution.
Looking forqrd to both our progress.
Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

skylarkman... hands full indeed!

Life is still been pretty busy. We are moved in and unpacked now, but steadily tackling a bunch of projects to get the new place updated. Just about every room is in the process of being painted, and it looks like I'll be taking on the install of all new floors on the main floor after that. Then it will be new carpet on the second floor, new counter tops, and an island (but at least these will be hired out).

All that said, I have managed to sneak out to the shop here and there amidst the chaos to make some minor progress on things. The wife has been asking about how much longer I have to go to get the swap finished, so I have been getting some passes to sneak out to keep things moving.

First up was the radiator. I had previously bought an aluminum two core double pass AFCO radiator from Jegs, but naturally I needed to relocate the in/out pipes since I'll be laying it flat under the Bus. I had all the parts in hand, so this weekend I finally busted out the welder and gave it a rip. This was really only my second time trying AC tig on aluminum, and all in all, it came out pretty well. Still something I need a lot of practice at of course. Its not necessary the prettiest welds everywhere, but they are functional. So far its passed the pressure test, so there is that. Im still waiting on my aluminum angle that I ordered to make mounts to ship, but hopefully I can get it hung up pretty soon.

The other piece I've been working is the exhaust. If you recall, right before we moved I had ordered a stainless "header" from RMW. I also picked up a Walker round bodied muffler with plans to mount it just below the rear apron, essentially where the stock t4 muffler sits. After getting the radiator plans sorted, I pulled out the exhaust pieces and starting seeing how things were going to line up. I was thrilled to find that with a single 2" to 2.5" transition, and a 2.5" 90 bend, I could get everything lined up perfectly. I have to weld it all up, add in o2 bungs, and get the muffler hangers installed still, but its progress at least. Hopefully I can get this checked off the list soon.

Here is a shot from the back. Looks almost factory!

That's all for now! Hopefully I can keep this train moving. I can sort of see the light at the end of the tunnel, but there are still a lot of little things to take care of.

67 Beetle (TBD)

thebusandus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

Looks very nice. Thought I'd tune in on a subaru thread after a long hiatus, it looks like there are some great new products on the market. You'll have this thing on the road in no time.

Panamerican Highway - 2014-2017
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

I found that exhaust added 10* to coolant temps on daveark's bus compared to my original set up.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

Got some more free time in the garage this weekend in between painting with the wife. The big goal for me was to get the radiator mounted. With this off done, I feel like the project will start gaining some momentum again.

With a vague idea in my head of what I was shooting for, I ordered some 2"x1" aluminum angle last week for the main supports. Ultimately I wanted to try and tuck the radiator up as much as possible. My plan is to have the air flow directed from the top of the radiator down. This should align with what I expect to be the natural air flow direction given the pressure differential across the radiator with air moving below the Bus at speed.

After rolling the thought around in my head all week of how to actually make the mounts, I settled on trying to modify the angle so that it would attach to the inside portion of the frame rail so it would have a clean appearance. This was a big deal breaker for me, as I'm not a fan of having a bunch of bulk hand down below the Bus. With how I planned to make the mounts, the radiator itself would droop down just enough to give space from the floor and control cables above, but still be pretty well inline with the lower edge of the frame.

With some measurements made and figuring of angles and such, I got to cutting. The wedge was cut to allow me to bend the angle up so that the radiator itself would sit slightly lower with respect to where the support would mount to the frame. The u-shaped portion is the area for the rear support to let the coolant pipes from the rad pass through.

After cutting, I put it in the vice and eased it into position. Once I was happy with the angle, I pulled out the tig welder and stuck it back together. I'm certainly no pro tig-welder, but I'm slowly getting more and more comfortable with the tig torch. Still need to work on making them more "pretty" I supposed, but it is what it is for now Laughing

After some test fitting to verify it hit the mark, I repeated the same procedure for the other side and finished up the rear mount. As you can see from the slight difference in shape from left to right, the radiator does favor one side of the Bus. This was done to clear the control cables and wiring tubes under the floor of the Bus, as I didn't want to modify anything there.

The front mount/cradle was made the same way as the rear, minus the notches for the coolant pipes. Of course the the first corner of the rear support took the longest as I was figuring it out as I went, but once I had a system, the remaining corners fab'ed up pretty quickly. With both mounts in hand, I was VERY anxious to hang the rad and see how it all fit.

I'm VERY pleased with how it came out. I still have some "finishing" work to do on the mounts/cradles themselves, but I cleared the big hurdle. As far as clearance goes, its almost completely undetectable from the side.

Now I still have some more work to do underneath in regards to promoting air where I want it to go (i.e. above the rad). I do have a rough plan in my head. Again, I'm trying to keep it as undetectable as possible from a side view. I certainly have my work cut out still, but I'm optimistic. The only compromise that I may have to make there is the fan itself, which may end up being be a puller off the bottom of the rad. I'm still hoping I might be able to squeeze a pusher up top, but its certainly tight as you can imagine.

I thought this was a cool view.. Certainly different versus pre-swap.

I should be working on the fan/air foils next, along with the coolant lines themselves. I eventually want to run metal coolant lines (aluminum or stainless) from the engine to rad, but I may start with hose until I get verification that my radiator placement works as I want, and ensure that I don't have to move it at all.

I have also been working on the exhaust on the side. I got the u-bend pipe modified with the 2" to 2.5" bell to fit my muffler, and the O2 bungs installed. Last night I picked up some light weight angle iron to span the backside of the rear apron using the bumper bolts behind the muffler. This will give me a place to mount exhaust hangers from so I can support the weight of the muffler itself. I'll hopefully be working on that this week as time allows.

That's all for now!

67 Beetle (TBD)

Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Vee Dub Nut's 74 Bay Transporter (& Subaru EJ25 Swap) Reply with quote

thebusandus wrote:
Looks very nice. Thought I'd tune in on a subaru thread after a long hiatus, it looks like there are some great new products on the market. You'll have this thing on the road in no time.

Thanks for the comment! I enjoyed following your build as well.

I'm certainly "late to the game" so to speak. I've wanted to do a swap for a LONG time, but never had the right Bus to do it to. This one is our forever Bus, so it was easy to pull the trigger. I've had rough plans and ideas building in my head for several years now, so its been fun to see them come to life.

There are a lot of "off the shelf" parts now for sure. Still have to do a lot yourself though, as every setup is a little different, and there is no one "right" way. Just everyone's own version of what they were willing to compromise to get it to work.

67 Beetle (TBD)

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 4 of 22

Jump to: