Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Drain Hose for Fresh Air Box - 211259217
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kguarnotta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject: Drain Hose for Fresh Air Box - 211259217 Reply with quote

Hi Guys. I'm working on my '69 singlecab. The drainhose for the freshair box - part number 211 259 217 is cracked and split.

I'm trying to find a replacement - it appears to be NLA. I'm sure there is a simple alternative hose that I could use - but I can't seem to find one that is the right size.

What have you guys used to replace this?

Thanks.

'86 Triple Knob Syncro w/EJ22
'78 Westy
'69 Single Cab
'65 Kombi - EZ-Camper
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Drain Hose for Fresh Air Box - 211259217 Reply with quote

Ken Madsen at TheBusco will have one most likely
kguarnotta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Drain Hose for Fresh Air Box - 211259217 Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll send him a message.

Aside from him - there must be a simple solution to this that I just can't think of. It is a really simple tube, that just needs to be flexible enough to go from the input hole to the output hole.

I'll keep searching hardware stores too.

'78 Westy
'69 Single Cab
'65 Kombi - EZ-Camper
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Drain Hose for Fresh Air Box - 211259217 Reply with quote

kguarnotta wrote:
Thanks. I'll send him a message.

Aside from him - there must be a simple solution to this that I just can't think of. It is a really simple tube, that just needs to be flexible enough to go from the input hole to the output hole.

I'll keep searching hardware stores too.

Geez Louise are you making something simple hard. Just send him an e-mail and use your time to enjoy life. From the time I e-mail Ken to when a perfectly good used part is on my doorstep is usually 2 or 3 days.

http://www.thebusco.com/
kguarnotta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Drain Hose for Fresh Air Box - 211259217 Reply with quote

Sorry. I didn't mean to offend you.

I have my original part. The plastic is so dried out it is cracking and splitting. It would be great if Ken has a good quality one for me. Odds arent great that there are many still in good shape. Also, that only helps me.

I imagine I am not the only one needing this part. There are probably a very finite quantity of these parts out there. So in the interest of the VW community as a whole - finding a replacement that is readily available for any and all VW owners might actually serve everyone, not just myself.

'78 Westy
'69 Single Cab
'65 Kombi - EZ-Camper
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Drain Hose for Fresh Air Box - 211259217 Reply with quote

kguarnotta wrote:
Sorry. I didn't mean to offend you.

I have my original part. The plastic is so dried out it is cracking and splitting. It would be great if Ken has a good quality one for me. Odds arent great that there are many still in good shape. Also, that only helps me.

I imagine I am not the only one needing this part. There are probably a very finite quantity of these parts out there. So in the interest of the VW community as a whole - finding a replacement that is readily available for any and all VW owners might actually serve everyone, not just myself.

You didn't offend me. Lots of buses in the Pacific NW sit under clouds much of their lives and don't get the heat and UV that buses in other places do. Heat and UV kill things like that tubing. Use early and late Jersey parts fiche to compare part numbers. That part may be the same from 1968 to 1979. If so then that makes it easier to find a good one. Ken is in the Pacific NW.
chimneyfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Drain Hose for Fresh Air Box - 211259217 Reply with quote

Interesting part, so I had a search, you can get it shipped to MA USA for Euro €42.44 from the Netherlands:

http://classicvwsupplies.nl/winkelmand/

But before buying from Europe, as said above, try Ken first, he has shipped to me here in the UK, really happy with his service.
1972 T2 Camper (Devon), 1988 Golf, 1972 Type 1, 1984 Polo, 1972 T2 Camper (Danbury)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kguarnotta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Drain Hose for Fresh Air Box - 211259217 Reply with quote

OK - I did a little searching at Home Depot - they sell this part -
Everbilt - 8 ft. Corrugated Washing Machine Discharge Hose for $11.98

Fits very well, I may add a hose clamp.

I heard from ken - he had one, was $25 including shipping. I've seen some places in Europe - that may have them (ie they list them for sale, but most say NLA). Given shipping costs - I am going with the Home Depot solution.

It is grey instead of black. Wink

'78 Westy
'69 Single Cab
'65 Kombi - EZ-Camper
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: