Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vwcru - [email protected] - Don
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vwcru
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 27, 2024
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Don sold me something I was looking for. It was packed well & arrived in great shape.
Thank you Don!... once again!
-Evan
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Paid Don for a bus turn signal switch 10 Oct and emailed him 25 Oct, wondering the status: received one word reply: "tomorrow." Now, as of 10 Nov, waiting on another response about the status, one month after payment.

Hoping Don will come through as it looked to be a nice TS switch. If he comes through, I'll update accordingly. As for now, I advise potential buyers NOT to pay him Friends and Family, as I already would have initiated a dispute. After dozens of these transactions, Don has been the only one not to fulfill his end of the deal.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
marton3j
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Purchased a nice bus horn button from Don. No problems.
Rustyscrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

I purchased a 66 flasher switch. Don shipped it quickly and looked good. Would use again.
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Don bought some windshield glass from me. Another smooth transaction. Dealing with Don is always a pleasure.
Thanks Don!!
-Evan
bello35
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Well, It seems i've been another Don's victim. Confused
I bought this item here from him:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1428166

Paid $45 for it, shipped, on the 15th December. Never received it. It can happen but i've contacted him twice to let him know. I asked if he had sent it, and if so, if he could send me the shipping track number...he hasn't even bothered to respond to my emails. It's a shame really...

Be aware before sending him money via Paypal!!!
vwcru
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Sorry guys, i have had some family issues with my parents, My mom had a stroke and i have been dealing with that. She is doing great and therapy is going well. I'll get your parts shipped this week and again i'm sorry for the delay.

VWCRU "DON"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

vwcru wrote:
Sorry guys, i have had some family issues with my parents, My mom had a stroke and i have been dealing with that. She is doing great and therapy is going well. I'll get your parts shipped this week and again i'm sorry for the delay.

VWCRU "DON"

Sounds good to me, Don. Good to hear she's doing well. Thanks.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Still need a dollar, Don? Cool

Love to hear from you, wife and I think of you often, and our 21 window trip up to Lake Wholford for Catfish and Hush Puppies.. Wink

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
bello35
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

vwcru wrote:

VWCRU "DON"

Hello Don,

Sorry to hear about your mom. You did a great job looking after her. Glad she's doing fine. Of course, we accept your apologies.

Thanks for the refund. Take care.

Bello.
dutch1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Purchased Original bug ignition switch from Don, took some time to ship but further no problems.
NavyGeneral Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

vwcru initiated and completed a purchase from me. ThanksVeryMuch Don.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
deanovolksmedic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

I screwed up mailing a part that Don had purchased from me on samba, I sent it to the wrong address.some folks would be pretty pissed and not very empathetic, but Don is one of the old school ethical few that understands how shit can go wrong.He even left me a positive feedback ! I will do business with this dude anytime.forever grateful,Deano.
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

I purchased an ignition switch from Don a month ago. It has yet to be delivered. I notified him and he acknowledged that email but has not responded further about sending me the part or refunding me.

I've been left with no option but to escalate thru Paypal. What a waste of time!!

Byas
1966 Fiat 1500 Cabrio (with 1600 Twin cam)
1952 Citroen TA 11BL
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

As always Don took care of me with more rare parts he had in his stash. Quick shipping and constant communication as always. Thankyou brotha always a pleasure to do deals with ya Cool
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

bnam wrote:
I purchased an ignition switch from Don a month ago. It has yet to be delivered. I notified him and he acknowledged that email but has not responded further about sending me the part or refunding me.

I've been left with no option but to escalate thru Paypal. What a waste of time!!

Byas

Still no response from Dan. Hope paypal can get thru.
1952 Citroen TA 11BL
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

bnam wrote:
bnam wrote:

Byas

Still no response from Dan. Hope paypal can get thru.

I wouldn't stress; it's only been almost seven months for me...never received any definitive confirmation that it shipped, no tracking or picture of shipping receipt. Just that it shipped, then the next day asking for my address again, then comms blackout again.

I know he said he was dealing with personal stuff, but who knows. I hope these posts serve as a warning, where some have had luck and others not.
Don't do PayPal Friends & Family!

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
TandocTools
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Still waiting for a set a thermostat flaps. Don responded to my first inquiry explaining that he “forgot” to ship and now he isn’t responding. Buyer beware. Never use Friends or Family unless a person is actually a friend or family.
notsnarb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Bought a rear view mirror from Don on 3/26. Not received it - got one of his 'I forgot to ship it emails' now nothing no reply to my emails and looks like I need to get money back through paypal.
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Got refund via paypal today. I did not use friends and family, I was ok to gross up 4% to the price (and in any case, Paypal version avail here does not offer friends and family).

Buyer beware -- don't know whether it is circumstance or lack of integrity in the seller -- either way - not a seller to do business with currently.
1952 Citroen TA 11BL
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 16 of 22

Jump to: