Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1963 15 Window resurrection
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burlyhammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

Thanks Karl h and Mid West Dubber. Austria and Australia. That’s awesome. Thanks for checking out the thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

Looking super clean down there. Youre making good progress for sure.
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
Burlyhammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
Looking super clean down there. Youre making good progress for sure.

Thanks Tony. It’s definitely coming along. I’m still hoping to drive it in September. Your El Pavo 15 is looking awesome and the progress on the 62 15 are both huge motivators for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vwprok37
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

Those are some good looking doglegs!! I think you will have the bus on the road before September!!!
Burlyhammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

Vwprok37 wrote:
Those are some good looking doglegs!! I think you will have the bus on the road before September!!!

Many thanks for the doglegs. Aside from drilling/punching the spot weld holes, they are now ready for fitting. I am going to do that as soon as I get the drivers side A Pillar finished. You're going to have to show me the "Vwprok37 Dogleg installation method"!!!
Thanks Justin Very Happy
BusJunky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

That A pillar turned out great, Dave! Like you mentioned about leaving the seal channel out till the doglegs are on,, I did the same thing. They’re still not done lol. Make sure you put your doors on when you’re setting your doglegs. Otherwise your gaps will all be funky. Ask me how I know Shocked
skotsour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

I don't post much on the Samba, but I am watching many builds. This is one of my favorites! I don't know if it was ever posted, but did you ever get in touch with any of the band members? I'm a musician and used to tour a lot in a crappy Ford Econoline, but that van was a tank and was super important to us. I guess I'm just interested in finding out more about the band and if they have any interest in this bus' resurrection...

Also, amazing work by you and your son on this!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
Burlyhammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

BusJunky wrote:
That A pillar turned out great, Dave! Like you mentioned about leaving the seal channel out till the doglegs are on,, I did the same thing. They’re still not done lol. Make sure you put your doors on when you’re setting your doglegs. Otherwise your gaps will all be funky. Ask me how I know Shocked

I have learned this firsthand with a few other of my "installations" Hopefully everything will go smoothly!
Thanks
Burlyhammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

skotsour wrote:
I don't post much on the Samba, but I am watching many builds. This is one of my favorites! I don't know if it was ever posted, but did you ever get in touch with any of the band members? I'm a musician and used to tour a lot in a crappy Ford Econoline, but that van was a tank and was super important to us. I guess I'm just interested in finding out more about the band and if they have any interest in this bus' resurrection...

Also, amazing work by you and your son on this!!

I did speak with some of the band members, and they remember this (a) bus. I have not been able to reach the actual owner, though. The other members offered to help, I just havent folowed back up yet. My dad actually know some of the band members and played/sat in with some of their bands back in the day. My dad said The Coloured Rain Band was a pretty popular local band back in the day. I need to reconnect and resume my search. The bus is much farther along than it was when I initially made contact. I will see what I can come up with. Maybe they have the middle seat still.
Burlyhammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

I finally finished the drivers side A Pillar. (Almost. It still needs some grinding). I did not take a “finished” photo, but I have a getting started couple:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I was laying on the floor grinding, and decided to finally load up the spinner:

Beached whale:

This one is the best:
type2rescuemaine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

Burlyhammer wrote:

This one is the best:

Hey that's me! Dancing This was probably the coolest view I've ever come home to.
Burlyhammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

type2rescuemaine wrote:
Burlyhammer wrote:

This one is the best:

Hey that's me! Dancing This was probably the coolest view I've ever come home to.

😎
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

Very cool flipping a bus for the first time... And it's so much nicer working on it. Smile
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (YouTube)
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (CAD drawings)
Burlyhammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

sgellis wrote:
Very cool flipping a bus for the first time... And it's so much nicer working on it. Smile

It is a whole new world. I’m still getting used to the idea that I can move it a little bit if I want to get a better angle to fit/weld, etc. it is easy to spin, too.
edgood1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

That is awesome!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Burlyhammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

edgood1 wrote:
That is awesome!

I posted a video on Instagram spinning the bus to Bad Brains Sailin’ On. It is awesome being able to move it so easily!
BusJunky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

Burlyhammer wrote:
edgood1 wrote:
That is awesome!

I posted a video on Instagram spinning the bus to Bad Brains Sailin’ On. It is awesome being able to move it so easily!

Saawweett!!!
Yeah, dude. You keep this pace, september shouldn’t be a issue at all. Looking forward to your next installment
Burlyhammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

BusJunky wrote:
Burlyhammer wrote:
edgood1 wrote:
That is awesome!

Saawweett!!!
Yeah, dude. You keep this pace, september shouldn’t be a issue at all. Looking forward to your next installment

I've been out of town this week, and we are going to the VVA (Maine VW Club) dust off this weekend, so I won't be able to get back to work on it until next week. I spoke to my son about it last night, and we were both like, "yeah, now that the A Pillar is done, we're done with all of the major metal work. except for the roof, and the floors, and the back end..." Haha! Still, we are moving forward. We will get there eventually.
regendub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

Burlyhammer, just spent the last 3 days reading through your thread! Its given me some much needed ideas and motivation for my new project I just picked up (a 63 bus). Looking forward to following your thread until its on the road!

-Chris
Burlyhammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

regendub wrote:
Burlyhammer, just spent the last 3 days reading through your thread! Its given me some much needed ideas and motivation for my new project I just picked up (a 63 bus). Looking forward to following your thread until its on the road!

-Chris

Chris,
Thanks for checking out my thread. I am learning a lot. This is The most involved VW project I have ever gotten into. It has been a lot of work, but I still can’t wait to work on it every chance I am able to. Congrats on your new project. Have fun with it. If there is anything I can do, let me know.
Thanks again,
Dave
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Jump to:
Page 34 of 86

Jump to: