Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2365, 2366, 2367 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
nice dad wrote:
NOS 1967 Singlecab Treasure Chest Locks Price: $500 each

Wow really. Guess I will be using a bungee cord. Ridiculous!

link?

do a search.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php...ton=Search

there are others advertised for less.
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

leave them in the wrapper so you can't tell how crappy they are. not worth $99 that eis used to sell them for..
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2169198
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
leave them in the wrapper so you can't tell how crappy they are. not worth $99 that eis used to sell them for..
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2169198

Excellent quality, hard to find

Two lies for the price of one. Seriously - these things are junk.
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I did a search as you did. Do you see '67 $500 locks in that list?

Nope.

Clara wrote:
crofty wrote:
nice dad wrote:
NOS 1967 Singlecab Treasure Chest Locks Price: $500 each

Wow really. Guess I will be using a bungee cord. Ridiculous!

link?

do a search.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php...ton=Search

there are others advertised for less.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

crofty wrote:

Nope.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1822676
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

nlorntson wrote:
crofty wrote:

Nope.

That would explain it- I blocked his ads years ago!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Gabe and Corey have the market cornered. Wink
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Those '67 only (and '68 I think) were selling used for $3-4 hun a few years ago.
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
nlorntson wrote:
crofty wrote:

Nope.

That would explain it- I blocked his ads years ago!

There are some for sale for less than $500 as well, that were found with my search.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2152046
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2133875
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1926374
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2115039
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

wow!! 15 ads for Brazilian buses on the first page alone. these things are flooding the market. So many for sale but you hardly ever see them at shows. who is buying all these things?
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
wow!! 15 ads for Brazilian buses on the first page alone. these things are flooding the market. So many for sale but you hardly ever see them at shows. who is buying all these things?

Not many people if they are all just stuck unsold in the classifieds....
I saw a Brazilian at OCTO, and one at Redbarn. There was/is one in my town, although I have never seen it. I still don't see why so many people who likes split buses complain about more split buses in the states. I think that the only people with legit complaints are the ralph nader safety type people who hate all buses and other old cars, and the big money people who feel threatened that their 23 window might end up being worth five figures instead of six figures. To the rest of us its just more split buses on the road making them all cheaper for us by market dillution.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
chris henry wrote:

I saw a Brazilian at OCTO, and one at Redbarn. There was/is one in my town, although I have never seen it. I still don't see why so many people who likes split buses complain about more split buses in the states. I think that the only people with legit complaints are the ralph nader safety type people who hate all buses and other old cars, and the big money people who feel threatened that their 23 window might end up being worth five figures instead of six figures. To the rest of us its just more split buses on the road making them all cheaper for us by market dillution.
Applause
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
chris henry wrote:

It seems in general folks who own legit 23 window and 15 window buses are generally the ones complaining, and the folks that want to own any 23 or 15 are happy there are more brazilian buses or brazilian based 15 and 23 fakes?

I think that's generally the case with any make of car that is frequently cloned and some are passed off as the real deal but turn out to be fakes. No one likes a cheater Evil or Very Mad
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

nlorntson wrote:
Lind wrote:
chris henry wrote:

It seems in general folks who own legit 23 window and 15 window buses are generally the ones complaining, and the folks that want to own any 23 or 15 are happy there are more brazilian buses or brazilian based 15 and 23 fakes?

I think that's generally the case with any make of car that is frequently cloned and some are passed off as the real deal but turn out to be fakes. No one likes a cheater Evil or Very Mad

Not really complaining, just making an observation. I could really care less. I own several legit 23's and 15 windows and i have owned them long enough that if I ever decide to part with them I will make 50 times what i paid for them.
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Say split bus = beer

Say we all like split buses, so we all like beer.

Some are happy with the good stuff... and some are just happy to drink.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

We'll said.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I'll never own a Brazilian bus but my only beef with them is when they are for sale and it is not represented as a Brazilian bus at all or it is cleverly stated deeper into the ad just as the fake 21/23 window ads sometimes are. I.e. "this started out as a kombi but....."

No thanks!
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

There is clearly a market for those that don't care about the whereabouts of the place of manufacturer. For those, a bus is a bus and that's fine. I agree that the line is crossed when the place of manufacturer isn't mentioned in the ad. but then those that care and are knowledgeable are going to make light work of figuriing that out. It's been mentioned on here several times before but for a site like this there should be a separate classified listing to help prevent any buyers from being misled.
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
Say split bus = beer

Say we all like split buses, so we all like beer.

Some are happy with the good stuff... and some are just happy to drink.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

one probably wouldn't be a bad choice for a bus you planned on logging long miles in and going down dirt roads. The investment isn't much and if you tore it up no big deal. I think the suspension is more like a bay which we all know is a more pleasurable ,better handling, smoother , quieter option then most German splits
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
one probably wouldn't be a bad choice for a bus you planned on logging long miles in and going down dirt roads. The investment isn't much and if you tore it up no big deal. I think the suspension is more like a bay which we all know is a more pleasurable ,better handling, smoother , quieter option then most German splits
Some are trailer queens (probably German only), some are multi-use (i.e. normal use or Shasta bus, etc... construction country irrelevant).
I doubt anyone thinks of a Brazilian bus as an investment. Best case for Brazilian, maybe something that will keep up with inflation, at best.
Investment with an appreciable ROI... I doubt it.
The suspension/ride quality is back seat... waaay in the back seat.
Fucking leg room sucks to start with... no matter where made.
Brazilians are generic beer... drink it if you like it. No harm, no foul.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2365, 2366, 2367 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2366 of 2710

Jump to: