Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Type 181 Hotwheels
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KD90815
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Type 181 Hotwheels Reply with quote

I've got 10-12 Thing Hotwheels and Matchbox cars hanging in their packages on my garage wall. I saw this one...does anyone have it? I could not pay that much for a toy Thing but I thought it interesting. Not sure if its a real Mattell toy either?

https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Wheels-VOLKSWAGEN-Playb...wheels+181
Hoochet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 181 Hotwheels Reply with quote

The ad says
"Car disassembled, customized, resealed on custom card. Back of the card is blank."

So it isn't an actual Mattel made Hot-Wheels
Hoochet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 181 Hotwheels Reply with quote

My daughter got me a display case for the Matchbox/Hot Wheels and Johnny Lightning I have been collecting over the years.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I have two more that I haven't put in the display case yet and know of a couple more that I don't have yet.
Joe 20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 181 Hotwheels Reply with quote

Good eye Hoochet on picking up on the disassembled thing...guess I won't look for that one at the local Walmart Very Happy LOL
KD90815
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 181 Hotwheels Reply with quote

I have mine still in packages hanging in the garage. Ill have to take a pic and post.
Hoochet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 181 Hotwheels Reply with quote

KD90815 wrote:
I have mine still in packages hanging in the garage. Ill have to take a pic and post.

I had all of mine in the boxes and then thought "Why shouldn't I enjoy them", so I ripped them open.

Opening the first one was the hardest. Granted I have duplicates of many of them and definitely saved the boxes.
Captain Spalding
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 181 Hotwheels Reply with quote

They make a nice Christmas tree ornament.
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 181 Hotwheels Reply with quote

I have them as cabinet knobs in my garage. 99 cents or $2-3 for hardware store knobs. I also have a collection of over 200 181/Thing toys. When new Hotwheels or Matchbox are in the stores I buy all I can find and give them to kids at shows.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: