Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Restored Ambulance Step Price?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Restored Ambulance Step Price? Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
Dan,
Can you please elaborate on what the issues were for making it fit under the left door... and what your solution was??
Thx,
e

I had to make some cuts in the back of the sheet metal of the step to Clear the frame from what I recall. That was about it.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Restored Ambulance Step Price? Reply with quote

cru62 wrote:
BarryL wrote:
cru62 wrote:
(although I got zero interest in them at Red Barn last weekend!)

Did you have an asking price?

If anyone had asked I would have said $200 each.

I saw two that were in a trailer at that show and when I asked I was told 200 each. That kind of money for rusted and frozen steps is too much for me so I passed. I didn't see the guys leave so im not sure if they sold.

I saw a nice turkis one but forget the price. I like them and have thought about putting one on my SO34 but am concerned about how low they sit. I should have kept the one I sold Lind for $40 about 10 years ago.

I think even at 300-400 you would be hard pressed to find a buyer.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Restored Ambulance Step Price? Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
cru62 wrote:
BarryL wrote:
cru62 wrote:
(although I got zero interest in them at Red Barn last weekend!)

Did you have an asking price?

If anyone had asked I would have said $200 each.

I saw two that were in a trailer at that show and when I asked I was told 200 each. That kind of money for rusted and frozen steps is too much for me so I passed. I didn't see the guys leave so im not sure if they sold.

I saw a nice turkis one but forget the price. I like them and have thought about putting one on my SO34 but am concerned about how low they sit. I should have kept the one I sold Lind for $40 about 10 years ago.

I think even at 300-400 you would be hard pressed to find a buyer.

I have had no clearance issue with my stock height bus with the step. My wife and I took the bus out to the desert and were in some deep sand and there were no issues with it getting tore off or full of sand. Can't say the same with my engine compartment though.i cringed when I got home and saw the layer of dust over the engine.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Restored Ambulance Step Price? Reply with quote

An ambulance step is really no lower than the bottom of the frame rail. That is because the frame of the step attaches to the bottom of the longitudinal frame section. They might be a problem if you were rock crawling, but not really if you are just boondocking.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Restored Ambulance Step Price? Reply with quote

You can't rock the ambulance step when the latest trend is to lay the rockers on the ground.

Stolen from the gallery.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: