Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 309, 310, 311 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

finster wrote:
custom camper interior Shocked
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2173577

what happens to the front seats and where's the bed?

I'm beginning to believe nobody in England really likes vintage VWs... Crying or Very sad

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

and two fuel filters in the engine bay.... Don’t anyone have an aneurism.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
carnut63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Give us $10,500 and we promise to finish it for you in our back yard.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

---> Mar 2 1955 Strato Silver Oval <---
---> July 1957 ragtop project <---
---> May 5 1966 Ghia <---
---> 1962 Ruby Red Deluxe (sold)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

'good quality pain' doesn't come cheap and you get a costume made! Rolling Eyes
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

finster wrote:
'good quality pain' doesn't come cheap and you get a costume made! Rolling Eyes

Probably a fair price is San Diego for those things Smile
The pain costume must be top quality!
Time to hit up urban dictionary for PPG, must be a new S&M term I haven't heard
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2176228

wonder how long that 'early ragtop' will last on the freeway and maybe the 'goings on' from the rear was the deck lid flying off....
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:
I live in the Southern rust belt and have had to purchase both of my sedans from out West. Very few original cars here. Granted, nothing as bad as up north but we have pretty bad rust issues here. Finding something that isn’t rusted to shit or bondoed to death is very hard and if does exist brings good money. Problem is every one here is cheap and doesn’t want to pay so the cars that are rust free end up sent out of state. 😕

There's a reason that people from all over the world look for classic cars to buy/sell from the dry SW USA. Rust is a killer and a deal breaker for experienced restorers.

We all see so many threads from folks bravely restoring a rusted out VW. I can understand this if its a rare VW or has family history to it. However, there's still thousands and thousands of pretty rust free VW's in the dry USA to purchase. Shipping them across the country for $1500-2k is MUCH, much cheaper than cutting and welding on the bottom 12" of any VW.

Yep. Even back in the mid 80’s when I was looking for my first car as a teenager, I was having a hard time finding anything here that wasn’t rusted to hell. I have a few funny stories actually of sticking fingers through quarter panels or having chunks of floor drop to the ground when my dad and I were shopping. It hasn’t gotten better in the last 35 years. At least now we have the interwebs and such so we can bring in cars.

And just to be clear, the actual "Rust Belt" is named as such due to the collapsed economies and populations of the Midwest and Northeast regions that experienced great productivity and economic boom, post-World War II. It's not because cars rust out. Wink
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

$18K OBO...I guess the "very rare euro" semaphores work if you pull them out and suspend them.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2176253

Nice door panels... "very rare" delamination.

Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

$4600 in body and paint, $18,000, but no H apron?
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Mark Evans wrote:

Oh I just noticed the way the hood bubbles above the cowl line...and the missing rubber at the door check rod and dome switch (lower A pillar)...and no grab handle (maybe a Euro thing?). Hmmm, just too much to pick at right now Confused
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
Mark Evans wrote:

Oh I just noticed the way the hood bubbles above the cowl line...and the missing rubber at the door check rod and dome switch (lower A pillar)...and no grab handle (maybe a Euro thing?). Hmmm, just too much to pick at right now Confused

I do wish folks would understand the definition of before using the term "rare." I can't imagine a whole lot of European sellers describing a US-equipped beetle as rare. The dash handle didn't appear til '61 stock- so in that regard he's okay. The rest of the car relies on that one guy who wants that car with that paint- but it was not "restored" by a VW enthusiast- that much is clear.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
The dash handle didn't appear til '61 stock....

Copy.
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:
I live in the Southern rust belt and have had to purchase both of my sedans from out West. Very few original cars here. Granted, nothing as bad as up north but we have pretty bad rust issues here. Finding something that isn’t rusted to shit or bondoed to death is very hard and if does exist brings good money. Problem is every one here is cheap and doesn’t want to pay so the cars that are rust free end up sent out of state. 😕

There's a reason that people from all over the world look for classic cars to buy/sell from the dry SW USA. Rust is a killer and a deal breaker for experienced restorers.

We all see so many threads from folks bravely restoring a rusted out VW. I can understand this if its a rare VW or has family history to it. However, there's still thousands and thousands of pretty rust free VW's in the dry USA to purchase. Shipping them across the country for $1500-2k is MUCH, much cheaper than cutting and welding on the bottom 12" of any VW.

Yep. Even back in the mid 80’s when I was looking for my first car as a teenager, I was having a hard time finding anything here that wasn’t rusted to hell. I have a few funny stories actually of sticking fingers through quarter panels or having chunks of floor drop to the ground when my dad and I were shopping. It hasn’t gotten better in the last 35 years. At least now we have the interwebs and such so we can bring in cars.

And just to be clear, the actual "Rust Belt" is named as such due to the collapsed economies and populations of the Midwest and Northeast regions that experienced great productivity and economic boom, post-World War II. It's not because cars rust out. Wink

Cool story. You should tell it at parties.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
theduck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Mad Hello all.Well this post maybe on the wrong form.So let me know.So here goes.I am sick and tired of these cheap butt china parts!! When I call the parts houses,and ask if the part is china,they dance around the question.Also why do not sellers both retail and private tell the buyer ,where the part is made. I ask ,and sometimes told sometimes not.,and yeas it is my fault. I bought some seals from a LARGE RETAIL store,and the turn signal seal is already rotten,cracked etc.I bought some ball joint boots from another retail store who sells on this site.I drove 5 miles,the boot ripped.I change all the boots,and this one failed ,so I guess the others will sooner or later? So why do the parts have no markings as to where it is made? Surprised Ok,I feel better.So if someone has bought god made parts,please let me know.I have used WW,CIP1,EIS,and private sellers also. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

theduck - God doesn't always make quality parts - just ask my doctor!
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

theduck wrote:
When I call the parts houses,and ask if the part is china,they dance around the question.

Yeah, to mask the stigma of Chinese-originating parts, the word they'll often use now is "overseas." But I think that, if it's not specifically listed as to where the part was made, you can usually assume it's from overseas (and I'm not talking about Europe!).
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
theduck wrote:
When I call the parts houses,and ask if the part is china,they dance around the question.

Yeah, to mask the stigma of Chinese-originating parts, the word they'll often use now is "overseas." But I think that, if it's not specifically listed as to where the part was made, you can usually assume it's from overseas (and I'm not talking about Europe!).

I always go with "off-shore" when describing lesser quality parts.
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Good condition?? https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2176634
yellowcrawler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

This ebay ad is just wrong in so many respects, for starters, a 1961 Classic Wolfsburg edition??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-Volkswagen-Beetle-Cl...SwRRZa-vKt

"1961 Volkswagen Beetle Excellent condition. Ultra rare Wolfsburg edition. Frame on restoration. Stayed in original family since new. 100% original. Original 1100 engine. Engine Completely rebuilt with all original parts. Converted to 12 volt. Runs, shifts, and drives perfectly. 750 miles after restoration. Odometer was reset. All chrome is original and refinished. Interior completely restored using all original parts. New battery. Want to point out as of now emergency brake needs fixed.(Just a spring) Minor imperfections on small areas of paint. Always garaged, rarely driven. Pictures speak for themselves. Original radio does not work"
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

not a whine but just an interesting letter - that's some mileage being clocked up

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1968-VW-Volkswagen-Beet...SwiDpa9Qie

anyone know if car survives to this day?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 309, 310, 311 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 310 of 422

Jump to: