Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TITAN TS50 pro finish HVLP for DIY paint project
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
westina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: TITAN TS50 pro finish HVLP for DIY paint project Reply with quote

Hi, i have recently purchased this turbine sprayer. I don't have much experience but not looking for a show room quality results. Can someone take a look at it and let me know if it should work or not?
quote:
This 4 stage turbine system offers higher performance for the most demanding spray finishing applications.
It delivers 8 psi and 82 cfm to achieve the highest level atomization and production.

FEATURES
4 stage turbine - 8 psi at 82 cfm
20' (6 m) high quality air hose with quick disconnect fitting
Weight: 28 lbs. (12.7 kg)

CONFIGURATIONS
773-604 CE (110 volt)
ihttp://www.pawnplex.com/tools/ts50/index.htm
its the same unit as in this listing
since this units are 18 years old, different nozzles, tips are not available. i believe i can hook up a newer model gun and switch tips as needed. The gun that came with the unit uses suction type(paint container is at the bottom of the gun) system. I have read on the internet that gravity feed guns needs less psi so maybe i can go that route if this sprayer is not sufficient? Thanks
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: TITAN TS50 pro finish HVLP for DIY paint project Reply with quote

Turbine sprayers are good but they're not HVLP & use a siphon spray gun, so don't go trying to re-engineer a good spraying system before you even try it out!
Buy some paint & clear and practice with it.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
westina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: TITAN TS50 pro finish HVLP for DIY paint project Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:
Turbine sprayers are good but they're not HVLP & use a siphon spray gun, so don't go trying to re-engineer a good spraying system before you even try it out!
Buy some paint & clear and practice with it.

Thanks , it would be nice if i had automotive paint laying around so i can try a bit. I am thinking about using napa paint i believe they are single stage simple paint. i have seen people using turbine with success but not yet seen exact machine being use. Some more expensive models should be ok i believe,
Once mixed, i would expect the paint i am planning to use somehow in thin consistency, hoping the turbine unit wouldn't have hard time pushing.
Dake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: TITAN TS50 pro finish HVLP for DIY paint project Reply with quote

I has the TP tools turbine that seems to work vary well. I got it after I saw the paint a guy did in in his driveway that looked great to me. But I'm sure he has had some practice with it. So far i have done a few small things that turned out better than any of my compressor painting.
westina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: TITAN TS50 pro finish HVLP for DIY paint project Reply with quote

Dake wrote:
I has the TP tools turbine that seems to work vary well. I got it after I saw the paint a guy did in in his driveway that looked great to me. But I'm sure he has had some practice with it. So far i have done a few small things that turned out better than any of my compressor painting.

Do u know the specs for your turbine? This one is a small, portable 8 PSI unit.
Dake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: TITAN TS50 pro finish HVLP for DIY paint project Reply with quote

It's 5 psi at 60 cfm here is the link I have the older two stage they make a three stage now also. http://www.tptools.com/Showtime-90-HVLP-Turbine-Un...?b=d*51867
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: TITAN TS50 pro finish HVLP for DIY paint project Reply with quote

NAPA red looked good on a squareback I stored for a while. They mixed clear & color for the last couple coats & sprayed it all the same day.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: TITAN TS50 pro finish HVLP for DIY paint project Reply with quote

Napa sells a basecoat/clearcoat paint.

If you are thinking of using that premixed single stage stuff they sell in some general colors then don't do it. I sprayed some on some exercise equipment and it was awful.

If you want a cheap, easy to spray single stage check out Kirker.
Dake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: TITAN TS50 pro finish HVLP for DIY paint project Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Used it this weekend

westina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: TITAN TS50 pro finish HVLP for DIY paint project Reply with quote

looks great.
vwkirb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: TITAN TS50 pro finish HVLP for DIY paint project Reply with quote

Love the color!

What kind of paint? It will look even better wetsanded buffed and waxed
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: