Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Paint Code For Blizzard White?
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWNewbie666
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Paint Code For Blizzard White? Reply with quote

Does anyone have the paint codes for Blizzard White for a 1973 VW Thing?
wbailey2112
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Paint Code For Blizzard White? Reply with quote

Original white color for US Things was Blizzard White (L90H).

Tip: This has been posted and reposted here many times. Use the search functionality on the forum first and more than likely you'll find your answer since someone else has already asked the exact same question before.
waxhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint Code For Blizzard White? Reply with quote

I'm trying to find some touch-up paint for my '74 (blizzard white - L90H) but all the websites I've checked so far only have L90D (pastel white) or L90M (blizzard white).

I wonder how different L90M is to L90H?

Or maybe it has something to do with the finish (Thing paint had a semi-gloss finish, right?)
Gene Kisner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint Code For Blizzard White? Reply with quote

After numerous attempts, the local "Colours" automotive paint supplier (formerly PPG) managed to match the original white paint on our 74 Acapulco.
The attached pictures of the spray can show the paint code numbers.
I do not know if the white paint on the 74 Acapulco is the same as what you are looking for.
Good luck, I hope this helps you and others.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
waxhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint Code For Blizzard White? Reply with quote

Thanks Gene. I think I'll just go ahead and order one aerosol can and see how close of a match it is.
el_safari
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Paint Code For Blizzard White? Reply with quote

I don't know if it helps but in Europe the official name is cream white L90H Cool
Al Capulco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint Code For Blizzard White? Reply with quote

The white paint on your Acapulco has a gloss finish, a regular white Thing has a finish that is more of a satin finish. The only way you're going to get a decent match is to have a paint shop match one of your body panels, like a door or dash panel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint Code For Blizzard White? Reply with quote

I just used a kit sold by "Dr. Color CHIP",on my wifes 83 db900 deep blue Mercedes Color match was very good and followed insrtuctions,came out great. Its all I use anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
waxhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint Code For Blizzard White? Reply with quote

I was able to find L90H touch-up paint at PaintScratch.com (it was listed for a 1972 Bus). It was also described as 'cream white' (thanks, el_safari!)

I'll report back on how well it matches my original paint.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: