Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions?
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAMEDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

Hello guys,

Im work on projetc with:
Car: bus 1959 with semaphores
Case 36hp
Cranckshaft 69mm from Wofsburgwest
Original Beans
Kits 77mm from AA
Cameshaft from Wolfsburgwest
Heads with compression rate 8.0
Exhaust seabring from Vintage Speed
Admission Supercharger Judson for 40hp
Carburator weber 32 similar of the solex 28
Distributor Bosch 019
Doghouse shroud from Empi
Aluminum oil cooler with adapter
Oil pump with filter
Original generator with big cooler
Pulley OT from 356
Light Flywheel from 356
The rest, original

I would like the opinion from the vintage speeders?!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volksartist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

Sounds cool. Will you have an alignment issue with 40hp Judson on 36hp block? Why use a 54-55 motor in a 59? 59 motors are cheaper and parts are easier to find.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MAMEDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

I will use a 59 case, with all new parts. In this week I will start the project.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

I'm interested in seeing the "original beans" you mentioned. What do they look like???
MAMEDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

Hi Jacks,

When I say original beams, I mean without modification.
earthquake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

Why isn't some body making reproductions of the Judson? it is such a simple device. you could use a piece of thick wall aluminum tubing to make the housing and have it hard anodized for wear, you could either make the carb adapter bolt on or weld it on.

Casey
05 SCION XB SERIES RELEASE 2[#437]
95 Chevy C3500 dually
98 Ford E150
Link to Kelly J. Nolte 3/20/53 - 11/6/08
https://time-zonelabs.blogspot.com/p/about-kelly.html
DEATH TO CHINGERS!
[From a military recruitment poster in the novel "The Stainless Steel Rat" By Harry Harrison]
MAMEDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

Jacks wrote:
I'm interested in seeing the "original beans" you mentioned. What do they look like???

I will put some pics for you!!
MAMEDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

earthquake wrote:
Why isn't some body making reproductions of the Judson? it is such a simple device. you could use a piece of thick wall aluminum tubing to make the housing and have it hard anodized for wear, you could either make the carb adapter bolt on or weld it on.

Casey

The Speedwell it is a supercharger with same function of the Judson. But I have the Judson kit for 1300cc. For my project it is ideal.
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

MAMEDE wrote:
Hi Jacks,

Now beams? I guess you are referring to connecting rods. You first wrote "beans". Liar
Peter_N
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

Looking forward to your build!

I'm by no means a vintage speeder, but haven't people ran into problems with overheating the supercharger because of the weight of a bus and the fact that it's less streamlined?
MAMEDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

Jacks wrote:
MAMEDE wrote:
Hi Jacks,

Now beams? I guess you are referring to connecting rods. You first wrote "beans". Liar

connecting rods, sorry me!!
MAMEDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

Peter_N wrote:
Looking forward to your build!

I'm by no means a vintage speeder, but haven't people ran into problems with overheating the supercharger because of the weight of a bus and the fact that it's less streamlined?

I will put a new doghouse with extern radiator, big oil pump with filter. And deflector outside the vent grills for air recycle. Is a new projetc for me, but I will build some modifications for dont have a problems!!
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

'Watching' your topic as the Judson will look awesome under your hood!
More cooling/oil is probably a good idea but I don't think you necessarily need a bigger oil pump.
John Moxon in the UK used to sell Judson Supercharger decals.
P.S. If you ever want to change (edit or delete) your posts click on the Edit tab up on the right. If you have trouble ask EverettB for help.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MAMEDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:
'Watching' your topic as the Judson will look awesome under your hood!
More cooling/oil is probably a good idea but I don't think you necessarily need a bigger oil pump.
John Moxon in the UK used to sell Judson Supercharger decals.
P.S. If you ever want to change (edit or delete) your posts click on the Edit tab up on the right. If you have trouble ask EverettB for help.

Thank you so much dude!!
Im prefer a other oil pump because I will put the pump with oil filter. More oil and new filter model.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

Supercharger will have clearence issues in a bus. The filter will be too tall and will not fit under the parcel tray.
You can either track down a 36hp ambulance specific intake which is lower to allow for a governor, or cut down a regular intake.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
MAMEDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
Supercharger will have clearence issues in a bus. The filter will be too tall and will not fit under the parcel tray.
You can either track down a 36hp ambulance specific intake which is lower to allow for a governor, or cut down a regular intake.

Thanks for your opinion dude.
In the manual of the Judson the suggestion is cur the intake. The carburator it is smaller of the original solex 28. I think I'll gain some space with this and with intake cut.

Here the explation of the Judson manual:

MAMEDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

New air cooled tins for 36hp

Long oil tube for new sump

AirCooledClassics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

I was always told that the Judson did not respond well to other mods. I a;m putting my judson on to my stone stock engine and save the cam and crank for results on an aspirated engine. .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJoq3MtsPmc

My National Dragster article
http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=231552
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MAMEDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

The parts in the case!!
MAMEDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: 1959 Vintage Speed Bus - Opinions? Reply with quote

Start engine!!

Link
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: