Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 437, 438, 439
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Oh yeah, we also go to a lot of the Country Roads shows, we are pretty friendly with them.
07 Boxster
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Hi All! Show season is finally here. If anyone is interested in Apple Blossom this Sunday, May 7th. If anyone would like to drive together; 1st meet up is at John's Restaurant on Rt 340 at 8am. 2nd meet up will be at Sonic on Rt 7 at Rt 81 @ 8:30am. Really cool show with lots to do!

https://thebloom.com/weekend-in-the-park/cruise-in-car-show/
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

How is everyone handling the winter so far? Just to give a little heads up, we are going to try to go back to our old way of meets a few times this coming season. We have penciled in a local cruise around the back roads of WV/VA/MD/PA around the end of April. Maybe meet up at McDonalds like we use to, hang out for a few, cruise around the countryside and then stop for something to eat. Once we have a firm date & time, I will post here and on our PanAirVWs Facebook page. Hope to see more of everyone this year. I know work and life gets in the way sometimes.

~Shannon
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

We are still planning a cruise & hoping some of you can make it, but thinking mid May now. Weather & work schedules have made us push from April! I will post when exact schedule is made.

Just a reminder about Apple Blossom’s car show on Sunday May 6th. I will be posting meet up time closer to the date.

https://thebloom.com/weekend-in-the-park/cruise-in-car-show/
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

If you would like to meet up & cruise to the Apple Blossom car show this Sunday, we will be meeting at the following:

7AM - John’s Family Restaurant on Rt 340
847 Berryville Pike Charles Town WV 25414

7:30AM - Sheetz on Rt 7
1683 Berryville Pike Winchester VA 22602

Hope some of you can make it. Weather is suppose to be perfect!
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Cancelling going to Apple Blossom car show tomorrow. Weather & Radar are not looking good! Will be posting about our club cruise hopefully this weekend.
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Ok...who’s ready to CRUISE?!? Plans for Saturday’s (5/19) cruise is as follows:

- Leaving Ranson McDonalds at 9:30am & driving to Sonic on Rt 50 in Winchester.
- Leaving Sonic at 11am.
- Cruising through VA & WV, then we will be stopping for lunch around 1pm.
- Then off again cruising the Shenandoah Valley and will end the cruise with ice cream on Rt 340/Rt 50 around 4pm.

Hope everyone can make it. Would love to have a huge turnout. Anyone can meet up or turn off at any time. Let me know if you have any questions.
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

***UPDATE*** ***UPDATE***

Since the rain never wants to go away, we are moving the cruise to Sunday 5/20. It will be a lot more fun with sunshine. Please also note the slight change of meeting place in Winchester.

- Leaving Ranson McDonalds at 9:30am & driving to Bojangles on Rt 50 in Winchester.
130 Crock Wells Mill Road Winchester, VA 22603. We will park in the Walmart parking lot in front of Bojangles.
- Leaving Bojangles at 11am.
- Cruising through VA & WV, then we will be stopping for lunch around 1pm.
- Then off again cruising the Shenandoah Valley and will end the cruise with ice cream on Rt 340/Rt 50 around 4pm.

Hope everyone can make it. Would love to have a huge turnout. Anyone can meet up or turn off at any time. Let me know if you have any questions.
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Hi Friends! Just wanted to give a heads up of the next show we will be going to. This is put on by our friends in the VW Cruisers. It is a great location in Culpeper. Not sure of exact leaving time yet, but I’m thinking 7:30-8am. I’ll post details closer to the date. Hope to see everyone! Fingers cross the Thing will be ready for the road again!!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/421752381607016??ti=ia
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Does anyone even read this thread anymore???

Hi Everyone! Join us in a drive to Culpeper for our friends, the VW Cruisers show. Please see the flyer below for information. We will be meeting at the Roy Rogers in Ranson (next to Home Depot) at 7am for breakfast, then leaving around 745am to start the drive. There is a gas station across the street if anyone needs to fuel up. Let me know if you have any questions.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Mark your calendars now. Next up Dubs & Dogs on Sunday 7/8. $10 for showing/registration fee but no entry fee for spectators however donation for animal shelter suggested. Since this is local, hope more can make it.

SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

I will be posting Friday if we are going to the Apple Blossom car show this Sunday. Weather is too iffy to make a plan right now.
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

We are not going to Apple Blossom on Sunday. I’m thinking it will be cancelled b/c of weather anyways.
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Who is ready to get their cars out for a Springtime cruise? Last year was perfect. We had a great turnout, fabulous weather & an awesome route.

No set route has been made yet, but we are thinking it will be something like last year. We might go to Blackwater Falls again, or Chad Cook might have another route in mind.

Here is meet up time and details. We want to stay as close to leave time as possible so we have plenty of time & not make it so late getting back home.
- Leaving Roy Rogers in Ranson WV at 8:30AM (arrive early if you want to eat breakfast). From here we will be driving to Dunkin Dounts on Rt 50 in Winchester.
- Leaving Dunkin Dounts (190 Crock Wells Mill Dr, Winchester, VA 22603) on Rt 50 in Winchester VA at 10AM (arrive early if you want to eat breakfast). From here we will be starting the cruise.
- Hope to be stopping for lunch around 1-2PM.
- Ending the cruise with ice cream at The Drippity Cone in Waterloo (Rt 50 & Rt 340 in VA).

Hoping everyone can join us & pray for great weather. Anyone can meet up or turn off at any time. Let me know if you have any questions! Looking forward to seeing everyone! Very Happy VW Logo Orange Bug Blue Bus Yellow Ghia
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

We will be meeting at Roy Rogers for breakfast & leaving there at 7:30am. Next we will stop at the Sheetz on Rt 340 in Boyce to pick up anyone else & leaving there at 8:15am. Hope some of you can meet us. This is a really fun place for a show.

Vwrascal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Hey guys and gals! Thought I would bring this thread into 2020! Cool

What's everyone been working on lately??

VWCruisers-Virginia

'56 Polar Silver Type 1 Ragtop
'60 Caribbean Turquoise Type 1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Welds need some help, but that was my day. Floated some of the dents out of 3 of the 3 fenders. Welded up the crack at the bottom of the drivers rear fender. Now I need to finish shaping it. Then I decided to start on the dash.
07 Boxster
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vwrascal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Looking good Sean! I can't wait to see the finished product. Very Happy

VWCruisers-Virginia

'56 Polar Silver Type 1 Ragtop
'60 Caribbean Turquoise Type 1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 437, 438, 439
Jump to:
Page 439 of 439

Jump to: