Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Source for NLA vacuum hose for FI Auxiliary Air Regulator?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Source for NLA vacuum hose for FI Auxiliary Air Regulator? Reply with quote

I am cheap. I used a regular piece of 14mm vacuum hose cut to the correct length with a bit of Gibbs lubricant on the inside. I put one end on the AAR that was held on by only 1 screw and I just rotated the hose and AAR into the air plenum. Then I put the other screw in the AAR bracket.

Done. Nice tight fit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Source for NLA vacuum hose for FI Auxiliary Air Regulator? Reply with quote

If you go in back at most local auto parts stores they have a bunch of molded hoses hanging. Find one the contains the right angle and hose size and saw it off to make it work for you.
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Curtquarquesso
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Source for NLA vacuum hose for FI Auxiliary Air Regulator? Reply with quote

raygreenwood wrote:
SGKent wrote:
do the math. $25 part, cost of postage no handling, takes half hour of time to package and ship for a yield of $15 an hour while listening to everyone telling the same story (or whining about wanting it for less) - not everyone is interested in running their business that way.

In Orange Co CA anyone below about $60,000 a year is considered to be below poverty level. That is $5000 a month before personal taxes but after paying the cost of operations. 22 days in a working month that is $227 an hour to just exit poverty. That is about $30 an hour of work. Offering half that for an hour's work isn't going to make sense to anyone. I own all GeeBee's bus stuff. It is excellent and frankly, under priced.

Yep....well stated.

I would also note.....that if tjat hose is bad....probably your other hoses of the same age have the same problem. Ordering in a complete high quality set actually makes sense....and makes it more affordable for this guy to service you.....one shipping price....more income for the same effort for him.

The airplane guys do not have the option of just replacing things as they fail one at a time. Ray

I understand the economics of it all - the guy has to make a buck. Doesn't totally explain why he lists single hoses on the Samba if he has no intention of selling them outside of hose kits. Just list the kit only, and save people a bit of confusion. I'm sure the man makes a quality product, he just needs to work on his interpersonal skills a bit.
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Source for NLA vacuum hose for FI Auxiliary Air Regulator? Reply with quote

Just a guess but maybe he needs to update an older ad. We should all appreciate being able to even buy these hoses
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
ivwshane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Source for NLA vacuum hose for FI Auxiliary Air Regulator? Reply with quote

I bought a set of all the hoses he had several years ago but then it looks like he recently added one more. His ad said he only sold it as a set. I emailed him and told him that and he responded and had me PayPal him and he sent one out. I didn't detect any issues at all.

I wish there were more venders like him making better than NOS parts.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: