Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Huls recliners
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Huls recliners Reply with quote

Wondering if anybody is familiar with this particular style of huls seat recliners, came off an early beetle parts car, appear to be complete and in good shape. Just wanted to know proper application, and also age. I saw a pic of one set that looked similar but said they were meant for Porsche?? Appears to be a faint stamping that looks kinda like feb 56' but not sure. Any info appreciated .
Thanks
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

OvalinAz
Samba Mini Tech

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Huls recliners Reply with quote

I have the same style in my oval, they are both dated 6/64, came out of a 64 sunroof. I know the 55 and earlier ones are way different, im pretty sure these are right for 56-64 seats.
12/62 French 11 Window Bus

EverettB wrote:
chromies should be outlawed and thrown in the trash

Pandraggers C.C.
dsharun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Huls recliners Reply with quote

No info on them but it must be a Edmonton Alberta thing. My old 58' came with them. Soon they will be in my 57' if they line up.
artguy1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Huls recliners Reply with quote

Here is a photo with fairly clear text...VW AB FEBR. 56 Hope this is of help to you. The originals were patina-rich, but not what I wanted for the build, so they are now PPG Concept Cool Vanilla to go with the PPG Concept Agave L240 paint.

Also the handles polish up nicely. The hardest part, ethically speaking, was cutting the OG Oval Seat Frames

Artwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Huls recliners Reply with quote

Sorry guys haven't been on here in a while, great info thanks!! Don't have my beetle anymore so not sure what to do with them. Might restore and hang up on the wall for now. Pretty cool accessory!
Big_E_Deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Huls recliners Reply with quote

Question for the guys who have these installed....does the seat back stay straight with these recliners? Or do they flex because the locking mechanism is on one side of the frame? Or does it lock up on both sides once you find the angle you want? I want to make sure both seat backs stay straight with each other, I don't want a crooked seat.

Thanks!

1958 VW Beetle - "Max": https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
1959 VW Bus - "Hans" - Double Door Panel (sold): https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746927
2014 Porsche 991.1 Carrera S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tisius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Huls recliners Reply with quote

There is a cross-bar that connects the 2 Hüls recliner hinges, so it's sturdy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Big_E_Deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Huls recliners Reply with quote

tisius wrote:

Would you install them again if you had a choice? Nice functional upgrade to the seats? They do have a cool factor, but I need them to work right and add comfort. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

1958 VW Beetle - "Max": https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
1959 VW Bus - "Hans" - Double Door Panel (sold): https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746927
2014 Porsche 991.1 Carrera S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OvalinAz
Samba Mini Tech

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Huls recliners Reply with quote

Big_E_Deluxe wrote:
tisius wrote:

Would you install them again if you had a choice? Nice functional upgrade to the seats? They do have a cool factor, but I need them to work right and add comfort. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

mine are kinda iffy, I have had them in my car for 6 years. they tend to move around after a bit of driving. I have to move them up pretty frequently
12/62 French 11 Window Bus

EverettB wrote:
chromies should be outlawed and thrown in the trash

Pandraggers C.C.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: