Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwsplitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

In running the show many years, we had cases of vandalism at both shows, Litchfield and Terryville, where we had to close the restrooms overnight. We did get portable bathrooms that people could use overnight. I would have liked to keep the restrooms and showers open all night but there is always someone that will abuse the situation. All in all , enjoyable events, even for me running the shows, since almost 100% of the people enjoyed themselves and were well behaved. Chuck P
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

chuck,
ok, np glad you had johnnny on the spots.. I didn'tmean to incite anything..
I know and hear ya.. our VW show is small, and attracts a small overnight crowd or regular/family VW owners... ~20 vws.. it's free but no free food.
and yet I hear stories on occasion of the new 'guy' wanting to burn the picnic table.. 0-o... I tell my overnight campground hosts.. have 2 phone numbers.. mine (I live 3miles away) and the park patrol if they can't disfuse anything quickly.
that guy owns/operates a business in the same town as the event.. sad...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

I've camped at Litchfield that last 3-4 years and I have to say, that was as enjoyable as the show - at least for me and a few others. The rained out show was proclaimed by me, and some others, as the best non-show, I have ever been to! Laughing (We still hit the Fireman's pancake breakfast).

The camping allowed me to connect with some great people - one who is now installing an engine in my Vanagon, and from whom I also bought a Porsche 996 from. So this year, I will have two German vehicles in my driveway that might not have been if if it weren't for the camping.

I'm looking forward to this farther's Day event!

P.S> - Chuck thanks for running the show all those years and helping out the CTA on keeping it going. Kudo's!
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

I'm super excited for this! The bug affair was the first VW show I went to.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
junie5047
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

5 weeks to go !!!!!!

ctvwa
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

junie5047 wrote:
5 weeks to go !!!!!!

Do you know,if there will be any new parts vendors attending the show?

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
junie5047
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

APPLEGREENVW wrote:
junie5047 wrote:
5 weeks to go !!!!!!

we have invited at least one new parts vendor but haven't heard anything back yet most vendors don't really tell us if they are coming they just show up

ctvwa
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

junie5047 wrote:
APPLEGREENVW wrote:
junie5047 wrote:
5 weeks to go !!!!!!

we have invited at least one new parts vendor but haven't heard anything back yet most vendors don't really tell us if they are coming they just show up

Ok,thanks.

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

APPLEGREENVW wrote:
junie5047 wrote:
APPLEGREENVW wrote:
junie5047 wrote:
5 weeks to go !!!!!!

Ok,thanks.

It's not an easy gig for new parts vendors. I've spoken to a few who used to regularly sell new VW parts at the CT VW shows. The time and cost of bringing a fully loaded parts trailer to a show is not a small endeavor. When you sell parts all week long from your store, who really wants to spend their only day off, Sunday, loading, unloading and trying to sell parts at a show? With the internet being what it is, selling new parts at a VW show is just not very productive for many vendors. I can see putting in the effort to do a show if you are trying to get a business started and want to get the word out to enthusiasts. However, for established businesses, I don't blame them if they would rather do something else (i.e. just come and enjoy the show) instead.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

Stanagon wrote:
APPLEGREENVW wrote:
junie5047 wrote:
APPLEGREENVW wrote:
junie5047 wrote:
5 weeks to go !!!!!!

Ok,thanks.

It's not an easy gig for new parts vendors. I've spoken to a few who used to regularly sell new VW parts at the CT VW shows. The time and cost of bringing a fully loaded parts trailer to a show is not a small endeavor. When you sell parts all week long from your store, who really wants to spend their only day off, Sunday, loading, unloading and trying to sell parts at a show? With the internet being what it is, selling new parts at a VW show is just not very productive for many vendors. I can see putting in the effort to do a show if you are trying to get a business started and want to get the word out to enthusiasts. However, for established businesses, I don't blame them if they would rather do something else (i.e. just come and enjoy the show) instead.
Glad it's not up to you.

02/76 Beetle sedan
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

[/quote]Glad it's not up to you.[/quote]

Wow.....
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

WM971252 wrote:
Glad it's not up to you.[/quote]

Wow.....[/quote]

Yepper .....

It is going to be a good show, lets hope the weather holds out...

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

wow....

can we not fuck this up? I have been going to this show YEARS before I could drive....back when it was at "the inn"

I have pretty much attended the LFBI my entire life....first show was when I was 11. hoping for a killer turn out this year. honestly, Terryville has a better venue for camping imho....much flatter than Litchfield.

Chuck has set the benchmark for CT shows. lets keep this moving forward, and not complain about vendors....

I mean, seriously...the cost for a new parts vendor to enter then have everyone beat them up for internet prices? I wouldn't vend either when I could make more $$ doing normal internet sales vs the aggravation of setting up, tearing down, taking inventory etc....plus I have spoken to those that did do shows as new vendors and almost every show, no matter what the location was their highest theft rate....the ends don't justify the means for those guys.

plus, new vendors have to account for time/travel expenses and taxes to legally sell....so you aren't going to get a "deal" on new parts....you may save on shipping for the bigger parts, but that's it

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

And as far a new part vendors..... who is left in the northeast?

Whether or not any new part vendors set up we will be there. As Skills said Chuck set the bar, now it’s time to move on and make a great show again in CT.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

WM971252 wrote:
and make a great show again in CT.

"MTGA"
Make Terryville Great Again.

New parts can be ordered online 24/7. It's the used part vendors you want for that odd part that is not reproduced. I love the $1 box, you can find some real gems in them.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

hoping to make this. Not sure we will have my Wifes special wheel chair in time
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273

Last edited by obus on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

Gonna miss it, it's my son's first Father's Day as a father.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

We're in.

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
I love the $1 box, you can find some real gems in them.

agreed, I always like a good $1 reach around in a parts box.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

why does anybody care if there are new part vendors? just go and camp and look at some cars
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: