Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sink Water Pump
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtchristopher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Sink Water Pump Reply with quote

Hi All -

Interesting dilemma.... A couple of days ago I used the potable water system as part of my annual sanitizing of the system and water flowed to each faucet.

I drained the system and flushed with clean water after about 24 hours of letting things sit. Now when I turn on the pump, I hear it run but have no water pressure -- nothing shoots out of the faucets....

Does the system need to prime...I'm a bit confounded and hope someone may have an insight.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tds3pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Sink Water Pump Reply with quote

When you first use it after draining the tank, turn it on then go back and open the rear sprayer for a second. This it what it take to prime mine.
'79 Westy...Oscar
'95 Eurovan Camper/5 spd...Marsha Mellow
jtchristopher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Sink Water Pump Reply with quote

Thanks -- followed the suggestion and voila...works well. Thanks again!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CdeSimas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Sink Water Pump Reply with quote

My sink/sprayer pump stopped working altogether after working fine. Could this be as simple as a bad pump or are there other symptoms I should be looking for? I remember reading something about an in-line fuse but have not been able to locate it. New to me 1999 EVC. Thx!
‘99 Eurovan Camper - Albi
jtchristopher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Sink Water Pump Reply with quote

Well, I'm a tinkerer and have not had this happen. But I will look into the fuse thing sometime tomorrow to check if I can find one and report back. I believe my pump is in a niche not easily accessed - I'll look at this as well.... Perhaps there might be a way to get power or a volt-ohm to the connections to test for proper function.

Stay tuned.
CdeSimas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Sink Water Pump Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply! Yes, on the ‘95 I think the pump is under the left rear bed panel. The drain valve can be accessed through the furnace return vent I believe. I did get a multimeter on mine and, if I’m using it correctly, I get 13 volts when it’s connected to the van’s wiring but I get no ohms when it’s disconnected. My assumption is the pump has died but that is really just a guess based on my laymen’s analysis. I still have not located a fuse if there is one.
‘99 Eurovan Camper - Albi
jtchristopher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Sink Water Pump Reply with quote

I found the pump just fine but haven't been able to track down the wiring to the power source. Can't find a fuse either.
relwok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Sink Water Pump Reply with quote

This is a very interesting post. Same issue. Just all of a sudden seemed to stop working? I can't find an inline fuse. I read the ShurFlo spec sheet and it states the pumps resets itself after it is overloaded. All fuses in back end look fine. Pump looks fine. Have not put a multimeter to it yet. Seems very odd.
Euroski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Sink Water Pump Reply with quote

My pump is out too, but on my '99. Not sure yet what I'm going to do. Also my inverter seems to be out as well.
rbarbera
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Sink Water Pump Reply with quote

I’m simply trying to locate the fresh water tank on a 99 EuroVan. I don’t have Bentley’s but have scoured the internet looking for any documentation that gives the location of the water tanks to no avail. Does anyone have a EuroVan and can shed some light?
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Sink Water Pump Reply with quote

rbarbera wrote:
I’m simply trying to locate the fresh water tank on a 99 EuroVan. I don’t have Bentley’s but have scoured the internet looking for any documentation that gives the location of the water tanks to no avail. Does anyone have a EuroVan and can shed some light?

If you have a Eurovan camper model (with the kitchen, fridge, etc) the house water tank is beneath the rear closet. You have to remove the driver side plastic shell beneath the bed, then the furnace duct work, then a plywood piece to access it.

The gray water tank is located beneath the van on the driver's side. The wastegate is behind the propane tank.

If you don't have a camper model, no water tank(s).
rbarbera
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Sink Water Pump Reply with quote

Thank you! I also found a Winnebago service training manual on eBay with schematics l, etc. I think I’ll be ok. Again, thanks!
Shovel Knight
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Sink Water Pump Reply with quote

Here to revive this topic! I have a 1993 Eurovan. No rear sprayer that some of you seem to be referring to. Water tank is on the rear passenger side.
Fill it up, I can hear the pump running when I turn on the faucet, put nothing coming out. Can’t even hear water gurgling in the line.
Anyone else have this issue?
Thanks!
TalonDriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Sink Water Pump Reply with quote

Hi Guys, newbie here, just got my Canadian '92
My sink water pump is on the passenger side in the far back. The fuse (between the sink and the driver's seat, near the floor) was fried, replaced fuse, it fried immediately. Removed the pump by unscrewing the large plastic lid on the top of the water tank. Ordered a new pump off of amazon. My brother screwed around with the old one, overcame some resistance, and got it going again. We replaced it anyway and kept the old one as a spare. YMMV

PS Does anyone know what that rounded out area on the plywood top to the water tank is for? It almost looks like there was supposed to be a pull out shower? There is a tee visible down there with a little valve on one of the lines, I'm assuming it's for shore water??

This forum is a life saver.

Edit: geez, I realized I didn't even respond directly to Shovel. I would consider checking the fuse where I mentioned. If power to the fuse, I would consider disconnecting the electrical connector that is on top of the water tank, put a multi-meter and check for voltage when someone turns on the faucet. If there is power there, I would consider opening up the lid on top of the water tank, pulling out the pump, and inspecting for obstructions/movement, etc. If it's getting power and fiddling with it gets you nowhere, buy a new one. Cheers!
Bodyzoom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Sink Water Pump Reply with quote

Not sure if this fits here. I'm having trouble with the faucet, most of the time it doesn't work. The pump works fine all the time when using the back sprayer. It seems like an electrical issue. I've traced the wires, checked the sink wire connections nothing seems to change. Is it the sink faucet or....?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: