Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eurovan: Rear cabin heater fan
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Downing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Eurovan: Rear cabin heater fan Reply with quote

How is that replaced? I hear hat the air conditioner fan still works just great but the heater fan doesn't work at all. (rear. Cabin heater fan)
1984urq
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the heater fan is accessed below the van (it sits right behind the passenger front seat in that black grill cover) so all that is able to be reached from under the van. A/C stuff comes thru the roof vents.

good luck.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to the above post.

The rear heater and rear AC are separate systems.

The rear heater is located right below the slider door behind the front passenger seat.

Do you have Climatronic?(auto climate control) or the manual unit with knobs?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Downing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an automatic temp system. Keeps temp constant 70 so far. Thanks for your reply.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have info on the 2002 model year if that helps.
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downing wrote:
I have an automatic temp system. Keeps temp constant 70 so far. Thanks for your reply.

The rear fan is automatic in that van then. It won't come on until the front is warm first.

There should be a vacuum control valve that sends the warm coolant to the rear heater. These fail from time to time. I'm guessing the rear fan may have a thermostatically controlled switch that keeps it from turning on unless there is warm coolant back there.

The manual climate control vans simply have a dash swich for that fan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lanceav8r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan: Rear cabin heater fan Reply with quote

bumping this thread.

My 2001 EVC rear heater does not work. The fan does not come on. I checked the plug to the fan unit and there does not seem to be any power. I checked the fuses in the fuse box near the driver's left knee and all seem to be good.

Does anyone have an idea where to begin to find the issue?
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan: Rear cabin heater fan Reply with quote

Check the grounds.

I've had one that was showing about 4v at the heater box. I cleaned all the grounds at the battery and for 12v.
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan: Rear cabin heater fan Reply with quote

Check the grounds.

I've had one that was showing about 4v at the heater box. I cleaned all the grounds at the battery and for 12v.
murraybot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan: Rear cabin heater fan Reply with quote

Confused...
Can anyone help me understand how the rear heating system works on a 2002 MV with Climatronic (climate controls)?

Should hot air ever blow thru the rear overhead vents or is that only for AC?

My AC works great in the front and the rear.

My heater works in the front but I get no hot air in the rear from either the overhead vents or the floor mounted vent.

Thanks in advance.
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan: Rear cabin heater fan Reply with quote

I believe the heater only blows through the black plastic vent just behind the front passenger seat. Overhead vents should just be for A/C. Like Cole mentioned, the rear A/C and heating functions are completely separate.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
murraybot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan: Rear cabin heater fan Reply with quote

Thanks Zeitgeist. I must be crazy because I swear the rear vents used to blow hot air. Then again I don't sit back there that often.
goffro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xtremjeepn wrote:
There should be a vacuum control valve that sends the warm coolant to the rear heater. These fail from time to time.

I have a manual temperature control, one for front and one for rear. For the rear, when I turn the dial to "COLD" and turn the fan up, HOT air blasts out of the little black vent (see picture that follows). When I turn it to HOT, cold air comes out.

Been scratching my head on this one. Is this a problem with the vacuum control valve? Is this something I might be able to fix myself?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pinetreeporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: '97 Eurovan: Rear cabin heater fan Reply with quote

My new-to-me '97 heats fine- at defrost, footwell, and dash vent positions. But I get no warm (or cold) air coming out from the black sloping vent behind the pass. seat or the open vanes on the front edge of the step up to the rear floor area. Is there a trouble-shoot procedure somewhere?
BillcSki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan: Rear cabin heater fan Reply with quote

I have a 93 with Separate control for rear too. I have no air blowing from rear. Checked power and it is coming to blower but no Joy. Also, previous owner ran new coolant (lines and left old ones ) so I am assuming the heater core still good. So similar issue and would love to hear more info from anyone on trouble shooting and if there is a sensor involved too.

pinetreeporsche
natep73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan: Rear cabin heater fan Reply with quote

jumping on an old thread. 2003 eurovan, weekender.
the rear heat fan isn't working at all. plugged a multimeter into the wires, seems to be 12 volts. I assume that means the motor to the fan is bad, not sure how to pull it off, or test it where it is...
and the only replacement part I can find is this one:
https://europarts-sd.com/blowermotorassembly-rearheater.asp

is that the right one? and is there a cheaper one out there anywhere...

thanks,
Nathan
80 Vanagon weekender(sold)
01 Eurovan MV (sold)
01 Eurovan GLS (sold)
03 Eurovan Weekender
03 New Beetle Convertible
73 Riviera- one day it will run again
74 Thing
natep73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan: Rear cabin heater fan Reply with quote

ok, so some of that last post was stupid questions.... now for more...
just pulled out the fan/motor 5 small Phillips screws,
doesn't seem to work. is there a way to repair it..
or replace for less than $375....

thanks,
Nathan
80 Vanagon weekender(sold)
01 Eurovan MV (sold)
01 Eurovan GLS (sold)
03 Eurovan Weekender
03 New Beetle Convertible
73 Riviera- one day it will run again
74 Thing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: