Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did YOU do to your van today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 470, 471, 472 ... 628, 629, 630  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Finished up rsfab big shot shifter and t3technique shifter guide bushing replacement. Everything feels tight. I am a fan.
Gemini2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

I just replaced a missing the driver's side marker. I found the OEM VW replacement online so I ordered it and it's a perfect fit. Here's the side market light https://www.vwpartsprime.com/oem/volkswagen~321945361a~marker-lig.html
fxr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Gemini2 wrote:
I just replaced a missing the driver's side marker. I found the OEM VW replacement online so I ordered it and it's a perfect fit. Here's the side market light https://www.vwpartsprime.com/oem/volkswagen~321945361a~marker-lig.html

$30 each?

I just fitted the HF side marker lights instead - $6 for two...
https://www.harborfreight.com/red-clearance-marker-lamps-pair-93227.html
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

GoWesty has OEM ones for $18
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

just to note that the HF side lights aren't quite right..
in that they don't have a reflective surface..
and that (sorry to say) they come off as cheap.

do they work and will they work for XYZ's van sure thing..
but if a van were forsale with trailer marker lights, like painted rubber trim. I'd be weary and suspect of shortcuts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Bought a stock alloy rim late last year, and told myself I got it so that when I got a flat, I'd be ready with that in the clam on decent rubber.

Well, I just got lucky to have not gotten a flat before the brain power kicked in and I took lunch break to get the spare out, and have a shop swap the rubber onto the new-to-me stock alloy.

On the down side, no lunch hour nap today, awwwww!

Did have a chance to stop by and see my friend who finally got his mint-green '53 oval out of the garage today, first time out in 8 months! Its Reeeeel Purdy! Too bad his next car (now on order) will be a Tesla with all wheel drive... Kind of creeped me out thinking of him in a red T. Says he missed his mid-life crisis, so he's taking it now, but without loosing a wife or gaining a blond teen trophy.
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

I installed the vintage speed torque elbow. It replaces the cast 2->1 piece and the J pipe. Superb quality of materials, craftsmanship, and fit. Increased performance and a smoother more even exhaust note. I have it mated to my Rocky Jennings 2316. I also run a 2.25" high flow cat and straight through muffler.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Peeled off the masking tape from my roof/luggage rack painting exercise… Embarassed

A few scwewups but overall, an improvement.

Installed the new skylight seal. Took a while to get it seated but I was able to trim it so the two ends are more flush than the old one was. Maybe I don't get woken by a drip…drip…drip when next I try to sleep through the rain.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
regis101
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Steve Arndt wrote:
I installed the vintage speed torque elbow.

Worth the wait, I'm sure.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Steve Arndt wrote:
I installed the vintage speed torque elbow. It replaces the cast 2->1 piece and the J pipe. Superb quality of materials, craftsmanship, and fit. Increased performance and a smoother more even exhaust note. I have it mated to my Rocky Jennings 2316. I also run a 2.25" high flow cat and straight through muffler.

That is a great looking piece of kit. Surprised something like that has not turned up before now.

I did my annual A/C recharge in anticipation of more 90F weather.
ahmadahere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Just installed a light kit! Ohhhh so sexy![/img]
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Filled up the lpg tank for the first time in a while. Noticed a leak at the open /close valve between open and close but no leak when tightened at either end. New O-ring and regulator is going to be happening really soon. The tank itself is in in amazing condition. Only real rust is on the guard. The plates all look good.

The fridge started up on LPG on the 2nd try. I left the ice trays in over night. Bottom tray was frozen solid. Top tray was par frozen. The thermometer read around high 20s low 30s. I put a camco airator in before I left the house this morning to see if it helps not sure if it will.
82westyrabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

I drove it for the first time in two and a half years. It’s good to have it back on the road after all the work.
calo1956
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

I feel like a slacker, all i did was check the dwell with my new meter, took 5 times adjusting the pesky lil points to get it with in specs. (47 +/- 4) But then again it rained all day here....
calo1956
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Jumping back to the side marker lights, i installed LED ones from The Bus Depot,$40 awesome quality, actually Mercedes Benz lights, awesome!
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Built the start of a box to mount on the RMW swing-out. It’s big and may look like a bit of a wart but that’s why I’m making it and not paying $$475 or $675 for an aluminess box. The idea is to start big and make a smaller one if it doesn’t grow on me. Time will tell.

I still have to build a door, improve the mount, paint and add side marker and tail lights...

It will hold the hot water heater, some water and jack, ramps, straps, etc. A

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

When I made a new hatch panel, I decided to use the available space on the driver side for a first aid box from a '78 MB I parted years ago. I found a VW kit on ebay for cheap.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
-Derek-
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Put the finishing touches on the restored pop top.

-Derek-
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Brought it home with new paint, reinstalled pop top (too dark for good picture).
82westyrabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

I got it registered. Installed new tires and wheels. Unfortunately my my 13 year old was a sleep before I got home so pictures will have to wait until tomorrow.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 470, 471, 472 ... 628, 629, 630  Next
Jump to:
Page 471 of 630

Jump to: