Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Michigan Dubbers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkrishak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on that now! I've been in contact with a few different people recently.
sunvale1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: West Michigan VW Reply with quote

Been looking for an active Bus VW group in West Michigan
jwd722
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Even though this forum looks like a ghost town I'll ask anyway.

Can anyone recommend a place to have a front end alignment done on my 71 Beetle. I went to Belle Tire near me in Chesterfield Twp (bottom of the thumb area) and even though he had the specs he most likely had no idea what he was doing, it drives worse than before to the point of being dangerous! I should have figured something was up when he asked if it was a Super Beetle. Looking to get a refund!

The guy at the local Leslie Tire said my car won't fit his rack, something about the car being too narrow...thank God I don't own a Smart Car!
Anyway, I'm looking for somewhere near New Baltimore, Chesterfield down to Mt. Clemens area or northward of those areas as well.

Thanks in advance.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Maybe these guys?
Name Der Vintage Werks
Categories General Service/Repair
Location Ortonville
Description Der Vintage Werks is a welcome alternative to the mainstream repair facilities with high overhead(and high prices!).
20 years of Volkswagen knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm will ensure that your car gets the personal service it deserves, at a price you can afford.
References include the following;

Museum restoration tech for the VWoA Inc. classic car collection.

Lead tech for the Herbie and Friends Cruse Across America transcontinental cruise in 2005

Performed mechanical restoration of 5 "Max's" for the new VW ad campaign.

Services offered are;
Mechanical restoration and repair
Tune ups, engine and trans work
Brakes, steering and suspension
Stock to high performance tuning/modifications
Off road and race fabrication

We also specialize in per purchase inspections and insurance appraisals

Large stock of used/new parts to fill your order. Call with your want list.

Located in north Oakland county, Michigan

Hours by appointment
Contact Info Der Vintage Werks LLC.
108 South St
Ortonville, MI 48462
Phone 248 421 8409
Email [email protected]

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
jwd722
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Thanks but unfortunately Ortonville is way too far to drive the way it is.

I went back to Belle Tire and was told that an alignment has nothing to do with the "memory steering" my car is experiencing! Really!?

Guess I'll be looking into the Fasttrack caster/camber gauge and do it myself like 99.9% of everything else I've done to the car in the last 16 years.
Krustybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Try calling Chris at Munks.
https://www.munks.com/
If he can't do it or it's too far, I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.
adamhasnofood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Anybody got a 67 daily driver for sale? I'm looking to spend 2k also fro shelby
vdubrookie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

vdubrookie, Battle Creek. Berrien Venture sand rail. Looking for fellow VDubers in the area, events, cruises,etc.
vdubrookie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Volkswagenaholic are you still active in the VW scene. It sounds like you guys do a lot of neat things & have a lot of fun. If you still are in it please pm me or call me. My wife & I are looking for something like this. We're a couple of old farts very new to the VW scene but like to ride & have a good time. She's an ex-biker chic so poker runs & swap meets are in her wheelhouse. Thanks

vdubrookie - samba member
George Slotman [email protected]

(269)366-6252
dennismcd707 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

I finally ventured out of my normal forums and found this thread. Hello all, I'm currently living in Eastpointe and building a rail. Haven't owned an air cooled VW since the mid 80's, so I'm kind of reliving my youth.....and having a blast.....and dealing with aftermarket crap......and spending way too much.....and getting very frustrated.....but still having a blast! Laughing
1971 Super Beetle, 1776, dual Weber's, roller crank, big valve modified racing heads, close ratio trans, lowered suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, car has over 368,000 actual miles. (RIP 1970 Beetle/Baja, 1986 GTI, 1999 Jetta, 2002 Jetta)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gearfinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Like many others, this thread was found by going out of my "backyard".

Been a VW guy for four fifths of my life, first real job out of home town was at Wells Motors VW in Bay City. I was the Computer Diagnosis guy there. Also worked at Seaway VW in Dearborn.

Retired ASE Master Tech. I now have a nice little coffee shop and bakery on US 23 in Au Gres.

Currently with a '56 oval, '73 Sport Bug and a Cal production IM Speedster. Also, (don't hate) a '62 Corvair Greenbrier Van.

We are a great stop if taking a color tour up the east side of the lower...
Paul Windisch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

I can't believe I've been on The Samba as long as I have, and have never seen this thread!

I live in Clinton Township. I have the same 1984 Mexican Beetle I've always had since joining. I have moved on from my career as a GM dealership technician, but still have all my tools. If anyone in my area needs help, please let me know! I wouldn't mind having some other VW friends!

1984 Mexican Beetle
-1914cc
-L3 Heads 35x32 valves 52cc chambers
-0.040" deck for about 9.1:1 Compression
-Engle W110 cam
-CB Super Stock 1.1:1 Rockers
-Stock Heat Exchangers w/ Tri-Mil Muffler
-Dual Weber IDF 40s w/ 26mm venturis
-034 SVDA Distributor

2013 Chevrolet Volt DD
2005 Pontiac Montana SV6

MAHLE Service Solutions
Applications Engineer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Paul, I will remember your offer to help. I've got two engines (1641 & 1760) that I'll be attempting to get running in the next year or so.
I just built both engines, and they're almost done. They'll be going in my sandrail, which I'm also putting together at the same time. The rail is all VW, which makes it nice.
Clinton Twp. is close to Eastpointe, so you may be hearing from me down the road. Cool
1971 Super Beetle, 1776, dual Weber's, roller crank, big valve modified racing heads, close ratio trans, lowered suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, car has over 368,000 actual miles. (RIP 1970 Beetle/Baja, 1986 GTI, 1999 Jetta, 2002 Jetta)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Paul Windisch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Right on! My first job as a technician was in Eastpointe (had just changed from East Detroit!), 8 mile and Gratiot (Drummy Oldsmobile, closed 2001).

I am north-east of 16-Gratiot, near Jim Causley.

1984 Mexican Beetle
-1914cc
-Engle W110 cam
-034 SVDA Distributor

2013 Chevrolet Volt DD
2005 Pontiac Montana SV6

MAHLE Service Solutions
Applications Engineer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Paul Windisch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

If you see this car, it’s me! I drive through Eastpointe every day going to work.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1984 Mexican Beetle
-1914cc
-Engle W110 cam
-034 SVDA Distributor

2013 Chevrolet Volt DD
2005 Pontiac Montana SV6

MAHLE Service Solutions
Applications Engineer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Wow, sharp lookin' car. It won't be hard to spot in Eastpointe. Very Happy
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

I'm out of Midland and have a 64 bug and a 70 Squareback
“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buspeople
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Hillsdale here! 58 single cab, 69 standard bug and 71 ghia.
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

I’m about half an hour from hillsdale... 62 beetle and 57 ghia
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Bump, link to Goodvolks goes to a Jap Massage parlor Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"

Last edited by madmike on Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Jump to:
Page 43 of 45

Jump to: