Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

BugOut 81 May 27, 2018 Dinwiddie, VA
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: BugOut 81 May 27, 2018 Dinwiddie, VA Reply with quote

When I went to Bug Out 10 years ago in Northern VA it was one the of the Biggest VW shows on the East Coast. Now, I search for it on the samba, there is no forums about it or any information about it, besides a online page that says it's a who on May 27th, 2018.

Did this show really get that much smaller... ? Anyone else attending? I am 400 miles away but was thinking about going up there that weekend.
fatbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: BugOut 81 May 27, 2018 Dinwiddie, VA Reply with quote

They had it twice a year in Dinwiddie for a while after the old dominion location was sold..then it was dropped to once a year on memorial day due to low attendance I believe. The dinwiddie location was a temporary hold until the Fredericksburg location was finished. I haven't been to the new spot yet..I heard it was ok...maybe more and more cars will show after the word gets out.
fatbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: BugOut 81 May 27, 2018 Dinwiddie, VA Reply with quote

Ok well..I need to correct myself...I swore it had been moved last year to Fredericksburg..a brand new track..now it's back in Dinwiddie...when I went the attendance was a bit sparse. Maybe that will change.. you really never know til you go and check it all out. Good luck.
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: BugOut 81 May 27, 2018 Dinwiddie, VA Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up. So, nothing like it was 10 years ago I assume. With very little information about it, no postings or fb events on it.... it doesn't look very advertised. I don't think it' is worth the 400 mile drive. :/
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: BugOut 81 May 27, 2018 Dinwiddie, VA Reply with quote

They are running a show banner on TS this year.

Link to their website:
http://www.bug-outs.com/

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
If your post begins "I know this is against the rules but..." just stop typing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: BugOut 81 May 27, 2018 Dinwiddie, VA Reply with quote

Jennepher wrote:
They are running a show banner on TS this year.

Link to their website:
http://www.bug-outs.com/

Thanks. Well, thats refreshing But normally these big shows, they really advertise well and theres posts about it several weeks/months before the show. So just found that interesting.. Thank you!
krado94
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: BugOut 81 May 27, 2018 Dinwiddie, VA Reply with quote

Does anyone know why it's not at the new track?? It was supposed to move there once the place opened???
71 Super vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: BugOut 81 May 27, 2018 Dinwiddie, VA Reply with quote

krado94 wrote:
Does anyone know why it's not at the new track?? It was supposed to move there once the place opened???

they either want to piggy back off of the success of the shows down south or they just don't care enough about the delmarva areas ppl who have supported their shows for last 25yrs...

an overnighter to NC for the fall show is just not appealing to me unless it were on the scale of the LARGEST show and RACE on earth....

which it won't ever be if they keep jumping around state to state.
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: BugOut 81 May 27, 2018 Dinwiddie, VA Reply with quote

krado94 wrote:

I don’t think the Drag strip is complete.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: BugOut 81 May 27, 2018 Dinwiddie, VA Reply with quote

i know less bought a buggy shop down in north carolina so thats why maybe september shows are in north carolina?plus without dragstrip being finished i dont think they would have bug out there.i heard the show they just had at new track in september (one in thornburg) wasnt all that great but i wasnt there so i dont know.i just miss manassas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fatbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: BugOut 81 May 27, 2018 Dinwiddie, VA Reply with quote

Did anyone go to this..how was it?? Just curious. When I went it was definitely shrinking in size. Would be nice if someone started a different show in a better spot (but still in VA. ) hell,keep it at the thornburg track!! Maybe more quality food vendors. I can take or leave the drag racing part though.
malley56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: BugOut 81 May 27, 2018 Dinwiddie, VA Reply with quote

Yeah I made the 3+ hour drive to check it out yesterday... I thought it was a good show..the venue is huge with plenty of room.. It's easy to get to. Plenty of used parts and vendors. I'd say it was probably 100 cars there including the water pumpers. Maybe about 40 of those were Air-cooled. The weather was a huge factor in the turnout I'm quite sure. Even the most popular shows don't have a good turnout with a forecast like that. It seemed very well staffed and laid out. I'd go back again.. The one thing in not all that crazy about is all that blacktop on memorial day weekend. It turns into an oven this time of year.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: