Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

LandSpeed Buggy
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

I forgot to mention I sent the tech inspectors a bunch of pictures for them to critique the car so I can make any changes that are needed. The one thing they want is to put in another shoulder belt bar that is lower than the one there. And if I add the required gussets to the topside of the cage (which I was going to do regardless) I will be able to run this chassis as a true comp car and go for my SCTA license in the F,G/H Gas Lakester class.

brad
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

slalombuggy wrote:
This time I'll be getting towed back to the start
brad

Me and the pit bug are available for a small gratuity Wink
No race gas in the big city?
Looking good Brad.
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

60ragtop wrote:
slalombuggy wrote:
This time I'll be getting towed back to the start
brad

Me and the pit bug are available for a small gratuity Wink
No race gas in the big city?
Looking good Brad.

I always look after my crew Buddy Very Happy

Nope no one stocks it in the winter except the $led $hop$$$$$$ and /I ain't payin their prices. Not much motorsports happening at -30C. Saw a beautiful pair of wood and leather snowshoes this past weekend at the gun show and thought of you.

brad
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Got the rest of the glass panels cut to rough sizes and shapes. Now to find a warm shop and some panel adhesive. Also layed out all the cut on tge fenders and sides.

brad
cdnltded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

looking good,
cant wait to see it all together and drivable
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

I had to move the fire bottle from the front as the hood hit the forward bottle clamp no matter how I tried to mount it. But, it now has a permanent home, with all the cables mounts and guide brackets welded in.

brad

Last edited by slalombuggy on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

My custom fuel tank is done, so tomorrow I can do the final fab on the chassis, get the mounts in, and get this thing into paint. Huge thanks to my friend John and his shop ACE Manufacturing in Saskatoon.

brad

Last edited by slalombuggy on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

The fuel tank and pump mounts are done, added a couple of gussets to the rear shock mounts and I'm done welding.........yeah.

Decided to make a pile of dust and bobbed the fenders and sides today.

brad

Last edited by slalombuggy on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Bolted the transaxle in tonight and test fit Brutus. Started building new fuel lines as the ones i did at the shop stuck up over the body.

brad
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Got all the body and hood halves put back together now that the weather has finally warmwd up. This week I'll start on the back fenders and get the hood glued to the fenders. No matter how much you try and cover up, fiberglass seems to get at you and make life miserable.

brad

Last edited by slalombuggy on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Decided to just get it over with and clip the rear fenders. The compund curves are a bit tricky but turned out OK. The white tape is covering the gap that has to be filled.

brad

Last edited by slalombuggy on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
ALB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

You've made it easy to glass back together (with the curves lining up and all). It looks like you took out, what, about 4"?
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

I took out 3 inches to make the rear fenders the same width as the front. I had to angle the cut a bit to get the curves to line up.

brad
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

The chassis is out for blasting and paint this week and should be ready to pick up Monday. My friend John has bent up the side panels and I'll be picking them up tomorrow. Now the fun begins.

brad
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Sent the chassis out to get blasted and painted with epoxy paint. Had it back in a week and looks great.

Time to start bolting things in

Test fit the aluminum sides

Bolted the sides to the chassis. Trimmed the sides to fit the hood. Now I can glue the hood to the fenders and continue with the body work.
cdnltded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Looking good Brad
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

A disappointing week. Found out its going to be at least 3 weeks till i get my transaxle.....not impressed. All due to a lack of communication and forethought by others involved. So I'll have to install the mockup transmission so i can run all the hydraulic lines, cables, electrical and then pull it all apart to put the race gearbox in...such a waste of time. And my imposed deadline of June31 is starting to look more and more like its going to be missed and I'll end yp scrubbing the year which means not going for 2 years as next year is thw wifes year for holidays. So today I put the transaxle in and first marked where the axles have to go through and then punched the holes with our GreenLee punch kit. Its a close fit but everything clears like i planned so one small victory. Heres some shots of todays work on the drivers side. Tomorrow will be rhe othwr sides turn.

brad
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Nice progress!

Sucks. Was hoping to see you in September.

Received my rulebook over the weekend while I was in Carlisle PA for a buggy get together. Reading it tonight, and now more confused about classes than ever. But car building rules are straight forward.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Thanks Joe it would be nice to see you again also. Give me a shout this week if you're rested, unpacked and have time.

I am still going under the assumption i can make it. I just don't want it to turn out like 2014 when i was finishing the car and painting the trailer i was going to haul it on, on Sunday night and leaving for Utah Tuesday morning at 5am. All that did was cost a boat load of money to race a car i couldn't tune with a suspension that wouldnt go straight above 100mph. Right now im dealing with a hand injury that is limitting what i can do and last week i found out I'll be going out of town for work in June for a week of 14 hour days which will eliminate a good chunk of time. This weeks project is plumbing brakes, clutch, accelerator cable and fire system. And hope my hand gets better by the end of the week for some bigger projects. I have to start making a list of stuff to do. Which will be job one tomorrow. I must admit the car is looking pretty cool though. Its keeping me going and focussed.

brad
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

I've just about completed the plumbing for clutch brakes and fire bottle as well as the throttle cable tube. I realize now that they should have gone in before a lot of other things but as miserable as it was stringing tubing around everything it went alright. Also got the bottom piece of the firewall cut and placed in the car.

The rear brake lines that will attach to the scatter shield over the belhousing. I'll pull the calipers off and lift them up to when it comes time to bleed the brakes.

The bottom part of the firewall and the tubes for clutch brake and fire bottle. The shift rod has some side to side movement as well as front to back so the hole through the firewall must be bigger than the shift rod. The rules call for a completely sealed firewall so I came up with the idea of using a washer that is the same size as the shift rod and holding it in place with springs that will hold it against the firewall. This allows for some side to side movement of the rod but still sealing the firewall tight. In the picture there is a steel washer but I have since cut a much larger aluminum one that is tighter to the shift rod and gives a bigger seal on the firewall.

And some good news this week. My transaxle may ship out Thursday. The gearstack was in the jig yesterday and he was hopefully setting up the R/P today......I hope.........

brad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Jump to:
Page 5 of 19

Jump to: